- Very little Pinot Gris is grown in Ben's area of the Languedoc so when he saw the opportunity to grab a parcel of fruit he jumped on it and was able to secure it all thanks to Angel funding!
- Every year since then he has produced a mouth-wateringly delicious Pinot Gris' and this years vintage is no different.
- It's full of refreshing lime, lemon, pear, white nectarine and apple fruits, with a floral honeysuckle aroma. A twinkle of freshness makes it the perfect quaffer to enjoy in the garden on spring afternoons.
During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce...4000 votes later we had a winner...
There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours as well as a delightful minerality and a rich creaminess that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
- Is this the richest white wine you'll ever taste? Quite possibly, thanks to it being 100% Viognier and packed to the rafters with delicious apricot and lemon fruit, all whirled around in a creamy mix that closes a stupendous variety act with a delicious, capricious zing.
- Ben sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- This needs to be drunk young and fresh. Do that and you will no doubt end up agreeing with the 90% of people who said they'd buy it again.
- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
- We tasted 60 Pinot Grigios in a blind tasting, and this little beauty came out on top. So we bought it. Lots of it. Which also means it's ultra affordable for you.
- Taste this crisp and refreshing drop alongside a bland, mass-produced Italian Pinot Grigio and it seems like a different grape entirely. Fantastic with food, but utterly gorgeous all on its lonesome.
- Alessandro makes his Pinot Grigio at a big winery (by Naked standards)... but it's lavished with his personal love and attention from start-to-finish - and it's exclusive to Angels.
- Jorge knows Galicia like the back of his hands. He knows which Albarino grapes get the right amount of sun to make them vibrant and which get enough sea breeze to keep them fresh. And then he grabs them for Angels.
- You can taste his passion for the region. Chock full of bright and zesty lemons and limes with a dash of fresh apricot, this wine is as cool and refreshing as an Atlantic sea breeze.
- It's the perfect accompaniment for any seafood dish, but if you want to turn up the heat, it goes really well with super spicy food.
- I believe that there is no greater translator of terroir than Chardonnay. I think this shows off my style of winemaking perfectly, I just had to share this wine with you.
- Chardonnay grapes and the cost of barrels make it difficult to grow the volumes. When I heard there was an opportunity for a new Chardonnay in Naked Wines’ range I couldn't resist putting this wine together for the Angels. Thank you Angels and Naked for believing in me and helping me fund this awesome Chardonnay.
- Light gold in colour with a green tinge, on the nose there is complex citrus, green apples and pears followed by a light toasty character from the 30% new French Oak. These flavours integrate on a seemless, well balanced palate with a butterscotch, citrus mineral finish.
Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.
- This is an 100% Pink Muscat from the Lorca’s estate at El Mirador. It’s in the heart of Argentina's wine country; Mendoza, so you can expect the best.
- Mauricio wanted to showcase a grape that has been left in the background for many years and carefully hand harvested them; showing the level of care and attention he puts into his wines.
- This sweet, fresh wine boasts stunning fruity, floral aromas. Think peaches and apricots and you’ll be bang on. It’s one that will shine alongside spices such as ginger, cinnamon and cardamom so bear that in mind if going through the recipe book!