WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!
- Thanks to Angel funding, Bill and Claudia were able to make their first ever Gewurztraminer. It’s their first new variety for a couple of years and there’s only a limited number of them so make sure you snap it up quickly.
They have worked their magic once again, with this wine oozing classic Gewurz flavours and aromas. We’re talking rose petal, spices and a plethora of exotic deliciousness.
It’s full-flavoured, beautifully balanced with a slightly off-dry finish and they hope you love drinking it as much as they loved making it!
- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
Picture this. You’re in the heart of the Limari Valley in Chile where blue sky reigns year round and there’s a refreshing ocean breeze coming in from the Pacific. It’s the perfect place to grow healthy, fresh and aromatic white grapes which is exactly why Connie picked it.
- Light yellow, almost white, in colour with delicate floral notes, this absolute stunner is all yours for just £7.99.
- If you like your fresh Chilean whites then get this in your basket stat as there are only a handful of bottles to go around. It’s a great one for sharing. Or not. We won’t judge.
Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress!
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- Simply put, Richard is pure winemaking talent. He wanted to bring Angels something new so who were we to stop him?
- His Marsanne is packed with fruitiness galore. Think apricots, white peaches, pears, melons and you’d be spot on. There’s a slight minerally edge and touch of spice too that gives this wine a fabulously rich texture.
- Richard’s advice? Enjoy it young! Although if you’d like to see the silky, exotic texture develop in complexity, by all means lay this one down for a couple of years.
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- A wine made at low-temperature to retain the fantastic aromas of the specially-selected, hand-picked grapes.
- The colour is pale yellow with greenish hues. For taste, think white fruit and subtle floral notes with a good whack of minerality on the finish. Pow!
- With its fruity, fresh mouth feel it pairs well with steamed vegetables, or pasta topped with cheese or creamy sauce.