Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- Naked faves Joost and Miguela Villebois have found a pot of gold in the Loire Valley... to be more exact, pale gold Chardonnay!
- The Loire Valley is the new ‘cool climate’ hot spot for top class Chardonnay. For years it was used exclusively for sparkling Crémant de Loire, despite the amazing aromatic quality of the Chardonnay grapes in their own right. The Villebois decided to put this to the test...
- ...and they did not disappoint! This is a Chardonnay with all the impeccable Villebois style we've come to expect. An oh so elegant blend of peach and pear, with a crisp grapefruit zing to round it all off.
- Stephen's made many amazing wines for us, but we really couldn't believe this Viognier when we tasted it!
- Viognier is the Rhone's white wine gift to the wine world. This little Californian number is off the beaten path but it's a sensational wine at a very un-Rhone price.
- Serve it deliciously cold and this zingy, peaches & cream dream, will keep you and your friends refreshed all year 'round!
- Leading the revolution for a new, modern style of wine, Stephen's Californian Chardonnay will have Chablis producers weeping with envy.
- This is as bright and refreshing as Chardonnay comes, with a dollop of Californian sunshine for extra oomph.
- Stephen recommends you grab yourself a fat tuna steak and go wild!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Charles and Ruth are the masters of giving grapes all the love and expertise they need to be elevated into super-stardom. This is pure, 100% unadulterated Roussanne that's been allowed to strut its stuff - and in a word, it's delicious.
- Rich and rounded, creamy and decadent, with a subtle kiss of the finest French oak money can buy. It'll slip over your taste buds beautifully with its savoury supple fruit, and slip down your throat very easily indeed...
- Usually, this grape would be hidden away in ultra-premium Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Thanks to YOUR funding, Charles can finally showcase just how good this grape can be - without the super-size price tag. Snap up a bottle and try it with crab ravioli for a meal that you'll really want to write home about.
- Burgundy has always been one of my favourite regions to work in. My Saint Veran and Pouilly Fuisse are both from the region, and I have always dreamed of making a Macon Villages.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to secure some old Chardonnay vines on the slopes of Macon that were perfect for a traditional style white, with no oak influence, that really shows what this appellation can do.
- My Macon Villages is a lighter, refreshing style, with a fresh citrus aroma, clean acidity and a creamy finish.
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that 2019 was a small but fantastic vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Ribera del Duero, where Oscar and his family call home, is a stunning wine region in Northern Spain that has a centuries old winemaking tradition so you can be sure serious know-how goes into every bottle.
- Amidst the rolling hills and pine forests of the ancient village of Quintana del Pidio lies the Aragon family's oldest vineyard that’s bursting with Albillo grapes. One day Oscar had an idea to make Blanco di Silos from them and, as they say, the rest is history!
- Intense, zingy, beautifully textured, with a delicate touch of oak - this is a true fine wine, from a variety we hope to see much more of. All we can say is gracias Oscar!
- Take a deep breath because this Viognier is so gorgeously fragrant it'll make your mouth water just smelling it.
- Stephen has worked wonders with the Viognier grape, and you can taste his sheer passion in every sip. It's bursting with gorgeous apricot and honeysuckle, with a citrus zing-a-ling and a long, lingering finish.
- Thanks to Angel funding it's exceptional quality for the price. So if you haven't tried Viognier before, now's your chance.