WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!
- This wine was a blast to make. Deciding on which varieties to put in the blend, spending time with the grower on how to deal with them differently, when to pick, how to process into wine - so many absorbing forks in the road and I loved every minute. Waipara makes beautiful aromatic wines and I was keen to put a different slant on this.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Beautiful, light and ethereal on the nose with quite a bouquet of lychee, citrus fruits and freshly picked white spring flowers. A fresh and lengthy palate carries the citrus fruits throughout with a hint of fruit sweetness but finishing dry. Great by itself or with light meals.
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- My Old Vines Chenin Blanc comes from a very unique older vineyard, planted in 1977 on the Voorgroenberg Mountain in Wellington at around 400 meters above sea level.
- These older vines give lower yields, thus a big concentration and complexity of flavors with the decomposed granite soils adding deep mineral and fresh natural acid characters, making it a world class example of what Chenin Blanc can taste like.
- Granite, dusty minerality, quince, citrus, pineapple and herbs come together on a complex nose, with these flavours following through on the palate. The palate is fresh, delicate, yet powerful and rich all at the same time, in typical Old Vines style.
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
We’re thrilled to bring you Naked’s first ever Gavi de Gavi. We wanted to show off the very best of our region, Central Piedmont, the home to such a special wine, that you can only find here, and nowhere else.
Known as the ‘Chablis of Italy’, Gavi de Gavi is made from the Cortese grape. It’s fresh, crisp, vibrant, super dry with subtle notes of peach, pear and citrus, and a steely minerality on the finish.
Making wine is our job, but also our greatest passion. Thanks to Angel funding, we’re able to combine our day job as wine consultants, with handcrafting wines like this on our family vineyard. Grazie for believing in us!
Serena Cordero, Winemaker
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams and, as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost to get a whole lot more in taste.
- Mike picked the best grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (to maximise those tropical Kiwi flavours) then aged the wine for 12 months (for extra finesse and complexity) so you can be sure that when you pop open the bottle you're drinking Marlborough Sauvignon at its very best.
- Think luscious exotic fruits with a playful citrus zing. It's crisp, refreshing and a wine that has Angels coming back for more every year, which we think says it all.
- Scott has slaved over the very best Chardonnay grapes he could find to make you a wine packed with all the best bits of the variety.
- The juice-drenched ripe fruit of an English orchard, with a blast of Californian sunshine - aged to perfection in French oak for a gorgeously buttery finish. Close your eyes, feel the sun on your face and take a sip... yep, you're already there!
- You're getting a top-shelf wine for virtually half the price. It doesn't get much better than that.
- Richard does Elgin best. Fact. To prove it, he's won the ultimate accolade in South African winemaking, the Platter 5 stars for Chardonnay
- All this meant it was a no-brainer to invest in Richard. We've landed up with Burgundian quality at South African prices
- The doyenne of wine writing, Jancis Robinson, wrote a glowing review of a previous vintage. And awarded it a fine score of 16.5+/20
- If you're not familiar with Pinot Blanc, you are in for a treat with this delicate, fragrant white, steeped in gorgeous, rounded fruits with a long and luxurious finish.
- Overlooked for the more famous brothers and sisters, Pinot Blanc never became an international star but it thrives in Germany and superstar Gerd knew exactly what to do to make the grapes really sing.
- Try this with a lovely bit of grilled fish, griddled asparagus and a generous portion of buttery new potatoes.
Following the success of my Terra Calda and Terra Forte, I wanted to make Angels a crisp and elegant white from 4 of my favourite native grapes in Puglia.
Angel funding has given me the confidence to make a wine I am truly proud of, from one of my favourite regions in the world. This wine is fruity, floral and fab!
Orange blossom on the nose with a peaches and cream palate, the floral fruitiness makes it a perfect match for Linguine alle Vongole. Bellissimo! I hope you love it as much as I do.