WE'RE NOT SURE
- As many of you know, we like a challenge and the thought of making still wine in England was one that was just too good to miss!
- We’d be the first to admit that we initially vowed never to make still wine in England, (being too used to the 320 days of sunshine at Domaine de Sainte Rose), however, the 2018 harvest was just so good we couldn’t resist trying!
- By selecting this wine, Naked Wines has made a commitment to supporting the dynamic English wine industry and by purchasing this wine, you Angels have supported a home grown product. It’s the only English Blanc de Noirs made from Pinot Meunier and is a fresh and elegant wine which we hope you enjoy!
Charles & Ruth Simpson, Winemakers
2018 has been labelled as ‘the vintage of the century’ for English wines so Charles and Ruth decided there was no better time to try something a bit special and knew a Reserve Chardonnay would fit the bill perfectly.
- Grapes straight from their vineyard in the rolling Kent countryside were hand-picked before spending 6 months in plush French oak barrels and bottled up ready for Angels.
- This elegant, fruit-forward and luscious Chard is a beautiful example of the magic Angel funding makes happen. Think premium White Burgundy or posh Napa Chard. So from the Simpsons, and from us, a huge thank you for supporting the English wine industry.
- Charles and Ruth may spend most of the year tending to their vineyards in Southern France but 2018 was too good a vintage to miss in the UK so they hurried back into Blighty to make the most out of ‘the vintage of the century’!
- They hand harvested Chardonnay grapes from their vineyards nestled amongst the rolling hills around Canterbury and set about making one of their first still English wines. If ever there was a year it was going to work, it was this one.
- The result is a refreshing, smooth, tropical fruit flavoured sensation! Close your eyes and you could be drinking Premier Cru Chablis...just without a big dent in your wallet. The Simpsons are so thankful for Angel’s unwavering support and hope you love drinking this Chardonnay as much as they loved making it!