Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
Serena Cordero’s posh Italian whites are much loved by her fans. But she also has great contacts in Moldova from her student days, so she knew the country was an emerging region making quality wines at real value. And when her contacts gave her the chance to go make wines there, she grabbed it.
Serena's ‘Tris’ is an elegant, crisp and aromatic blend of Chardonnay, Riesling and Traminer, with peach and tropical fruit notes, lots of body and a lovely complex mouthfeel.
Since gaining independence from the Soviet Union, Moldova has gone from being one of the poorest countries in the world to a producer of modern, high-quality European-style wines. And thanks to Serena, you’re getting some ahead of the game.
- Gorka is the genius behind some of our top-rated, sell-out red Riojas. A modest guy...with very little to be modest about. After all how many winemakers his age have managed to win 90 points from the world's most influential wine critic, Robert Parker.
- Despite being reknowned for producing some of the world's best reds, Rioja also provides the perfect conditions for fresh, crisp and classy whites thanks to that hot Spanish sunshine.
- Rioja Blanco is the perfect summer sipper, think fruit salad with a delicious apple-y finish. Perfect with a nice seafood pasta al-fresco, yum.
When we sent out word that Angels wanted more affordable white wines from off the beaten track, we never expected one of our Italian winemakers to pitch up with a cracking Pinot Grigio from Moldova.
Moldova lies at the eastern edge of Europe, bordering the Russian Steppe. Its rolling hillsides of rich black soil overlie ancient fossilised limestone. Bright sunshine combined with keen winds keep the vines healthy and honest. Perfect for making crisp, refreshing whites like this Pinot Grigio.
Serena’s fruity and fresh Pinot Grigio will surprise you with its depth of texture and flavour. It’s full of vibrant, bright citrus, pear and floral notes, and a lingering aftertaste. This is proper ‘happy juice’, a wine to sit in the garden and enjoy.
- You may not have heard of the Pecorino grape before - that's because the Italians tend to hog it all to themselves!
- Luckily our Christian's a very well-connected chap. He pulled a few strings to secure a cracking deal on a parcel of pristine Pecorino grapes. And you voted in your hundreds to give him the Angel funding to make a jaw-dropper of a white.
- Imagine the pure gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio, with the fruity zing of a Sauvignon Blanc – it manages to pull off the amazing trick of being flavoursome, yet super-crisp at the same time.
- Virgile's wines are in high demand and it's easy to see why with wines such as this cracking little Sauvignon that makes New Zealand versions look brash and brutish.
- Its subtle soft fruit flavours, all fresh apple and baked gooseberry with a slightly herbal edge slip down far too easily, making possession of a whole case a dangerous prospect.
- Try it with a big bowl of fat, juicy mussels - it really doesn't get much better.
- This wine is produced from single parcels in the northernmost part of central Castile - my home, and one of Spain’s most underrated wine regions! The high-altitude vineyards are sustainably farmed, to create a deliciously fruity wine with remarkable freshness.
- My commitment with our Angels is to produce the best possible wines for everyday drinking. I really hope you enjoy my bright and lively Verdejo with fresh citrus flavours a round finish, and hints of white pepper.
- As a general rule, if you would put lime in a meal, it will probably pair well with Verdejo - I love it with fish tacos
- Stephen de Wet describes his Chenin as rich and racy, and we'd have to agree! With crisp apple flavours and a wisp of creaminess, it's a sure fire winner.
- A multiple-award winning wine in South Africa. We're confident you won't find a Chenin of this quality for less anywhere else.
- It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that if nearly 60,000 people said they'd buy it again then there's something good going for it. Something very good