Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
Ben and Rod have combined two totally different styles of winemaking to make this wine. And the result is just, wow. Technically it’s French, but in the glass, it’s 100% turbo-charged Kiwi Sav, a tropical fruit-bowl of aromas and flavours. But then you get the colder-climate complexity and refinement of the French grapes kicking in, leaving your taste buds wondering what the heck just happened.
When picking and handling the fruit, Ben followed Rod’s instructions to the letter, to preserve a special compound in the grapes that gives Kiwi Sauvignon its famous fruity zing. Then Rod flew all the way to Ben’s place in the Languedoc, where they blended the wine together.
- Fresh and fruity with a delicate zing and swirl of creaminess, Ben's Viognier has everything you'd want from a white wine.
- Naked legend, Ben, sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- Served perfectly chilled, Ben's zingy, peaches and cream dream will keep you refreshed all year round.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2018 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We’ve made $5 million available to help struggling wineries to survive and come out the other side of this Covid crisis. The closure of bars and restaurants across the globe has been a disaster for the independent winemakers who supply them. The little guys, without connections to the big supermarkets, are the ones who are suffering the most.
- An exciting example of the Loire Valley doing exactly what it does best - Michel has served us up a cistrus packed Sauvignon Blanc guaranteed to blow away any autumnal cobwebs.
- Crisp, zippy and seriously easy drinking - we're thinking this has strong potential on its own as an apperitif, or to enjoy with all the nibbles your heart desires (an olive or two here, a crusty hunk of bread and olive oil there).
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Savoie, in the heart of the French Alps, is home to Gilles and his family. They’ve been making top-notch wines there for over 7 generations.
- Gilles loves to champion native varieties and introduce people to grapes they may never even have heard of before. Cue the Jacquere! It’s deliciously gluggable, fresh, fruity and goes with just about any summer dishes you may have in mind.
- This is Gilles’ first wine for Angels and it’s safe to say he’s setting the bar high. So if you like a glass of fruity Pinot Gris then scoop this up straight away, you won’t be disappointed!