- The 2017 Dunnolly Estate Reserve Chardonnay is so special. The wine has been elevated to the next level!
- The nose is a delicate balance of white nectarines & citrus peel, there is an enticing creaminess and warmth coming from the new French Barriques. On the first sip, the palate flourishes showing the natural acid length and a rich encompassing mouthfeel.
- Our style of Chardonnay is designed to be subtle. Gentle flavours of apricot & citrus and balanced with a delicate acidity. With the vintage being on the cooler side I needed to ensure that there was still this generosity, without detracting from our signature wine style and pronounced femininity.
- I made this wine with the Angels in mind. I wanted to bring a sense of luxury that unfortunately our summer didn’t provide!
- Nicky Parish, Winemaker
- My wife Emma and I are both fanatical about Chardonnay, but Emma takes her obsession to another level. Our home vineyard has Chardonnay planted closest to our house so Emma can pull the curtains and see the vines in the morning!
- When we got the chance to make this top-end Hawke's Bay Chardonnay for Angels, it made sense for it to be Emma’s baby. She’s given it the real prestige Chardonnay treatment from vineyard to winery.
- This is proper grown up Chardonnay modelled on the best vintages from Burgundy. It’s bristling with character, texture and richness with juicy white peach flavours and vanilla notes. All balanced by a succulent cool-climate acidity which cuts through, giving the wine levity and freshness.