2018 has been labelled as ‘the vintage of the century’ for English wines so Charles and Ruth decided there was no better time to try something a bit special and knew a Reserve Chardonnay would fit the bill perfectly.
- Grapes straight from their vineyard in the rolling Kent countryside were hand-picked before spending 6 months in plush French oak barrels and bottled up ready for Angels.
- This elegant, fruit-forward and luscious Chard is a beautiful example of the magic Angel funding makes happen. Think premium White Burgundy or posh Napa Chard. So from the Simpsons, and from us, a huge thank you for supporting the English wine industry.
- Charles and Ruth may spend most of the year tending to their vineyards in Southern France but 2018 was too good a vintage to miss in the UK so they hurried back into Blighty to make the most out of ‘the vintage of the century’!
- They hand harvested Chardonnay grapes from their vineyards nestled amongst the rolling hills around Canterbury and set about making one of their first still English wines. If ever there was a year it was going to work, it was this one.
- The result is a refreshing, smooth, tropical fruit flavoured sensation! Close your eyes and you could be drinking Premier Cru Chablis...just without a big dent in your wallet. The Simpsons are so thankful for Angel’s unwavering support and hope you love drinking this Chardonnay as much as they loved making it!