- When Naked Wines challenged me with making a new wine for Angels, I quickly thought about the blend of Moscatel and Macabeo. Neither grape is very well-known, but when the crisp elegance of Macabeo comes together with the fruity floral notes of Moscatel, the result is quite magical.
- The vineyards I chose for this wine are just south of Madrid, where the grapes are blessed by the Spanish sunshine in the day, and receive plenty of cooling, soothing air at night. You can taste the fruit and freshness in your glass.
- Thank you Angels for making this exciting new wine possible. I hope I have made you the perfect versatile white!
Franck Massard, Winemaker
- Jorge knows Galicia like the back of his hands. He knows which Albarino grapes get the right amount of sun to make them vibrant and which get enough sea breeze to keep them fresh. And then he grabs them for Angels.
- Chock full of bright and zesty citrus flavours, this wine is as crisp and refreshing as they come. Kiwi Sauvignon fans need not look any further!
- It's a great accompaniment for any seafood dish, but if you want to turn up the heat, it goes really well with super spicy food.
Franck Massard spent 7 years as a top Sommelier – serving ultra-expensive wines to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants, so it’s fair to say he knows his stuff.
He put his years of experience to the test and has produced this stunningly refreshing crisp and light white. Bright citrus, soft peaches and delicate floral aromas make this the definition of drinkable.
A perfect thirst quencher, this wine is great on it’s own or paired with something a bit spicy. Dee-lish!
- Albarino is Spain's answer to Chablis. Clean, crisp and classy, with enough raciness to make it the perfect partner with even the strongest of food combinations - in other words, an all-round winner to have in the fridge.
- This version is like drinking a glass of pure Granny Smith apples, with a big fat dollop of cream added for good luck. Kerr...zing!
- Chicken and chorizo stew, a bottle of this, and Gogglebox on the TV, and you're set for the night.