Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress!
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!
- A wine made at low-temperature to retain the fantastic aromas of the specially-selected, hand-picked grapes.
- The colour is pale yellow with greenish hues. For taste, think white fruit and subtle floral notes with a good whack of minerality on the finish. Pow!
- With its fruity, fresh mouth feel it pairs well with steamed vegetables, or pasta topped with cheese or creamy sauce.
Franck Massard spent 7 years as a top Sommelier – serving ultra-expensive wines to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants, so it’s fair to say he knows his stuff.
He put his years of experience to the test and has produced this stunningly refreshing crisp and light white. Bright citrus, soft peaches and delicate floral aromas make this the definition of drinkable.
A perfect thirst quencher, this wine is great on it’s own or paired with something a bit spicy. Dee-lish!
- David selects only the finest Macabeo grapes from beautiful high altitude vineyards in the mountains of Cariñena. Cool nights and crisp mornings mean the Macabeo locks in all that zippy freshness.
- Bursting with bright fresh pear, crunchy green apple and zesty lemons, with just a touch of Mediterranean herbs, this wine is perfect for sharing with mates.
- Pour yourself a large glass and wok fry some calamari with crunchy green veg, divine!