- I found Riesling always fascinating and a great challenge to make. It is such a diverse grape variety with a wonderful quality to express its origin.
- These grapes were grown in a vineyard with soils rich in Kalkstein (limestone) and I love the flavours this gives to the wine.
- Delicate refreshing notes of yellow peaches, autumn apples, citrus and a hint of spice. The flavours are rich with a beautiful balance of fruit and a long mineral finish.
- Peter is the 14th generation of Kleins working as a winemaker so he really know his stuff.
- His fantastically fresh Pinot Gris is packed full of ripe pear and honeydew melon fruit with a spritz of zippy lemon on the finish. Rich, textured and powerful - it's classic Pinot Gris and it's absolutely delicious.
- This lively, dry white is an excellent pairing for grilled salmon or an earthy mushroom risotto.
- The talented Peter Klein is currently crafting some of the best wines to come out of Germany. You'll be pleased to hear that this delightful Muskateller is definitely no exception - light, fresh and a lunchtime blues-beating 10% ABV. What more could you want?
- You like your wines to be full of flavour... but not too sweet. It's that elusive 'right kind of off-dry' that Peter has skilfully bottled by the barrel-load for you. Full of scrumptiously exotic lychee and juicy ripe pear, all balanced with a lift of lemon and a mouth-wateringly fragrant finish.
- Thanks to your Angel funding, you're getting a world-class wine for a steal. Snap up a bottle (or two) and try it with some succulent smoked salmon. It's wonderful for washing down that cheeky slice of cake, too...
- If you're not familiar with Pinot Blanc, you are in for a treat with this delicate, fragrant white, steeped in gorgeous, rounded fruits with a long and luxurious finish.
- Overlooked for the more famous brothers and sisters, Pinot Blanc never became an international star but it thrives in Germany and superstar Gerd knew exactly what to do to make the grapes really sing.
- Try this with a lovely bit of grilled fish, griddled asparagus and a generous portion of buttery new potatoes.
- Peter Klein is one lucky guy - he's young, talented, and on the road to great things. But most importantly of all, he has YOUR funding - and without that, this ravishingly ripe and refreshing Riesling couldn't exist.
- A crisp and lively flavour explosion, with juicy lemon, luscious lime and white peach positively bounding out of each glass. Top that off with a heavenly hint of fragrant honeysuckle, and you've got a wine worthy of even the fanciest al fresco feast.
- Wines of this quality don't come cheap - unless you're an Angel, of course! Riesling and spicy food are best friends forever, but if you're not a fan of the fire... grab yourself a bottle and try it with some marinated chicken and minty yoghurt dip for a bit of mid-week decadence.
- Gerd's delicious dry Riesling has been awarded a shiny Silver medal at the IWC awards.
- After his Pinot Noir blew our socks off in a blind-tasting, we thought it'd be rude not to take his Riesling too!
- Grab yourself a bottle and try it with a tasty Thai takeaway for a proper Friday night treat.
Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.
- Gerd’s new little number is 50% Riesling, 35% Pinot Gris and 15% Gewürztraminer. Because classic German wines are mostly single-grape varieties, you rarely get a blend this sophisticated.
- The Riesling gives it bags of backbone and complexity, and a delicious peach flavour. While the Gewürtz adds power and fragrance. The result is an aromatic blend of summer fruits and rose petals, with tropical citrus flavours and a long finish. A proper drop of class in a glass.
- After 25 years in the wine industry, he’s travelled widely and made award-winning drops in dozens of different countries. He’s also a respected wine consultant who flies all over the world advising other wine producers so you can be sure he really knows his stuff.