WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
- Sancerre is what you buy if you want to look flash. Pouilly Fume is what you buy if you really are flash, not to mention flush. Top of the French Sauvignon Blanc ladder, this is pure, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle.
- Joost only gets to make this wine when the vintage is really, really good. He assured us this was one of those years. And by jove we agree!
- Seriously limited stock and ready for drinking right NOW. If you think too long about buying this, you might miss out...
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer Réserve has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.
- More than just a label. When Joost says ‘prestige’ he means ‘prestige’. And boy oh boy does this delicious Loire Sauvignon deserve its name...
- Classic, refined and dry. This luxurious drop has all the sophistication and character of a Sancerre. Except it’s not. Because that would be illegal.
- Grab yourself a hunk of creamy goats cheese, some posh crackers, and go wild.
- The Minervois may be known for rich, savoury reds, but it’s a little-known secret that the limestone-rich soils are also the perfect place to grow white vineyards… Luckily, Ben’s your man on the inside.
- Ben’s latest Angel offering is a perfectly balanced wine: beautiful length and texture from the Morrillon grape, a classy touch of acidity from the Colombard, and a crisp refreshing nose from the Sauvignon Blanc.
- Perfect with a Pique Nique, great company and a healthy dose of sunshine.
- This is an intensely elegant Chardonnay that tastes so good we were worried we couldn't afford it.
- These vines are literally meters away from 1st cru vines. Esoteric Burgundian classifications from centuries ago mean that this fruit is going to cost a fraction of the price even though it delivers the same intensity and elegance of the neighboring Montagny Cru vines.
- If you want to know what expensive French white Burgundy tastes like, this is your chance to find out without breaking the bank.
- A rich, elegant Chard that still has a beautiful minerality to it with a clean citrus lift.
- Taste this wine blind and you'd guess Chablis, but open your eyes and you'll see a much smaller price tag.
- Thousands of Angels tasted this wine before it was even bottled and you'll want to grab some before those Angels empty our stock entirely.
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- Burgundy has always been one of my favourite regions to work in. My Saint Veran and Pouilly Fuisse are both from the region, and I have always dreamed of making a Macon Villages.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to secure some old Chardonnay vines on the slopes of Macon that were perfect for a traditional style white, with no oak influence, that really shows what this appellation can do.
- My Macon Villages is a lighter, refreshing style, with a fresh citrus aroma, clean acidity and a creamy finish.