- Very little Pinot Gris is grown in Ben's area of the Languedoc so when he saw the opportunity to grab a parcel of fruit he jumped on it and was able to secure it all thanks to Angel funding!
- Every year since then he has produced a mouth-wateringly delicious Pinot Gris' and this years vintage is no different.
- It's full of refreshing lime, lemon, pear, white nectarine and apple fruits, with a floral honeysuckle aroma. A twinkle of freshness makes it the perfect quaffer to enjoy in the garden on spring afternoons.
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
- Is this the richest white wine you'll ever taste? Quite possibly, thanks to it being 100% Viognier and packed to the rafters with delicious apricot and lemon fruit, all whirled around in a creamy mix that closes a stupendous variety act with a delicious, capricious zing.
- Ben sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- This needs to be drunk young and fresh. Do that and you will no doubt end up agreeing with the 90% of people who said they'd buy it again.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!
The Loire Valley is home to some seriously scrumptious Chenin Blanc so when Joost and Miguela got their hands on some of the best grapes from the top-notch Vouvray appellation, they couldn’t wait to get to work.
- With mouth-watering aromas of honeydew melon and a light floral touch, this is a treat for wine racks everywhere!
- With it’s smoothness and bracing minerality, Joost’s Chenin is perfect for a slap-up Chinese feast - he loves it with tangy sweet and sour chicken.
- We've always loved decent Chablis...but never really loved the price of it. Well, this little sister to Sebastien's regular Chablis delivers both quality and class, as well as great value.
- Pure citrus fruit flavours shine through, with a crisp, clean minerality that makes it an obvious choice for those days when you just want to pop the cork and be thankful you've gotten through another day.
- Sebastien has just scooped a gold medal for this little beauty at the 'Concours des Vins de Chablis'. We think that just about sums it up!