- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Thanks to your wonderful support over the years we are very happy to introduce you to Domaine de Brillemonts Touraine. Grapes from the unique Touraine Terroirs were picked at the perfect time to maximise all their aromas and flavours.
- The nose is intense and complex, full of citrus, peach and exotic fruits as well as delicate floral notes. The wine itself is smooth, fruity and boasts great minerality.
- It’s excellent to drink straight away but will keep easily for 2 to 3 years! Just make sure you don’t overchill it as that could harm all the delicate fruit flavours.
Joost and Miguela, Winemakers
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- We've always loved decent Chablis...but never really loved the price of it. Well, this little sister to Sebastien's regular Chablis delivers both quality and class, as well as great value.
- Pure citrus fruit flavours shine through, with a crisp, clean minerality that makes it an obvious choice for those days when you just want to pop the cork and be thankful you've gotten through another day.
- Sebastien has just scooped a gold medal for this little beauty at the 'Concours des Vins de Chablis'. We think that just about sums it up!
- Charles is an Englishman in France breaking the rules - so when the locals say you can't make zippy Sauvignon, he went out to prove them wrong.
- In a previous life he worked in pharmaceuticals - now he takes a scientific approach to getting the best from his grapes. While the French are still on holiday in August, Charles is busy in the fields measuring and monitoring to get the best out of his vines.
- Bright and deliciously zippy citrus fruits with bunches of crisp green apples. Grab yourself some fresh shellfish and go nuts.
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that 2018 was a small but fantastic vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
- Burgundy has always been one of my favourite regions to work in. My Saint Veran and Pouilly Fuisse are both from the region, and I have always dreamed of making a Macon Villages.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to secure some old Chardonnay vines on the slopes of Macon that were perfect for a traditional style white, with no oak influence, that really shows what this appellation can do.
- My Macon Villages is a lighter, refreshing style, with a fresh citrus aroma, clean acidity and a creamy finish.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2018 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.