- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
- This is an 100% Pink Muscat from the Lorca’s estate at El Mirador. It’s in the heart of Argentina's wine country; Mendoza, so you can expect the best.
- Mauricio wanted to showcase a grape that has been left in the background for many years and carefully hand harvested them; showing the level of care and attention he puts into his wines.
- This sweet, fresh wine boasts stunning fruity, floral aromas. Think peaches and apricots and you’ll be bang on. It’s one that will shine alongside spices such as ginger, cinnamon and cardamom so bear that in mind if going through the recipe book!
- Torrontes is Argentina's naughty little secret. Few know about it, which makes it all the more delightful when you discover it.
- Take all the zingy freshness of a good Sauvignon, round the flavours out with a bit of apple and pear, ease off on the gooseberry and add a touch of cream. Bingo. That's the big T for you and this one is a particularly fine example.
- Mauricio's crisp, aromatic Torrontes is the perfect match for a Thai takeaway. He recommends sticky, spicy, crispy chilli beef or a fragrant, coconutty Thai green curry.