Before we discovered him, Dom spent 20 years making legendary wines for prestigious labels around the world. Now thanks to your funding and his contacts, he’s able to return to those special vineyards to make his own unique wines.
Made from ancient Nero D’Avola vines in Sicily’s volcanic soils. The grapes are hand picked in tiny volumes then aged in plush French oak barrels for over a year.
Dom’s inky deep Terra Nera is bursting with spicy dark fruits, peppery notes and a long, lingering finish. A unique wine, hard to find anywhere.
Jose was crowned your Zero to Hero champion and he spent the prize fund creating a spectacular Reserve Malbec to say thank you.
Bursting with deep red fruits, with a cheeky hint of oaky spice, it'll wrap around your tongue and give it a big ol' bear hug. Exactly what we need as the long winter nights set in.
It goes without saying that this one will really shine alongside a juicy piece of steak. No need to travel to Argentina; Argentina can come to you!
Four grape varieties from three different regions across Chile have gone into this absolute corker of a red; Cab Sauv from the Cachapoal Valley, Malbec from the Bio Bio Valley in the extreme south and Carmenere and Syrah from the Maule Valley.
The Cab Sauv forms the backbone of this wine with the Malbec bringing in a burst of fruity freshness and vibrancy. This is then rounded off beautifully by the silkiness of the Carmenere and dark fruits of the Syrah.
If you like Bordeaux blends, this wine has your name all over it! It looks posh, tastes posh, and will blow your friends away.
- Jose was the worthy winner of our Zero-to-Hero Competition. He used the $500k prize money to make this big, bold, and seriously premium blend especially for you.
- Smooth, rich and gorgeously decadent with a long lingering finish that just keeps going. It'll wrap around your tongue and give it a big ol' bear hug.
- All that's left for you to do is find yourself a big slab of juicy rib-eye. Perfection.
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.
Luca’s ruby red blend of Carignan and Grenache comes from gnarly 80-year old vines in the rolling hills of the Maule Valley.
Luca aims to produce wines that are as natural as possible, that really express the grapes and the place they were grown.
Dark and rich, Luca’s Sabatico has nice smooth tannins with years of ageing potential ahead of it. If you like characterful Spanish reds like Priorat or Montsant you’ll love this
Scott works in one of the most diverse wine regions in the U.S. - a place the Native American inhabitants of Oregon call ‘the Land of 1000 Valleys” and it’s all thanks to Angel funding he got to make this, his dream wine!
His Pinot Noir is a favourite with our friends across the pond and, what with 2017 being an exceptional vintage with a near-perfect growing season, we just had to get our hands on some for UK Angels to try.
Aged in plush French oak barrels, this is a silky smooth, complex red that really opens up in the glass...if you are able to leave it long enough!
- From grape to glass, this is one wine Bordeaux fans won’t want to miss! It’s scooped up awards galore over the years and is drinking perfectly right now which is why we made sure we got our hands on it.
- Grapes from 30 year old vines and two years in plush oak barrels bring great structure, balance and elegance to this soft, silky and intensely fruity red.
- This is one of our Marketplace gems. That means there’s no fairytale story to tell, it’s just a great wine that was too good not to share. Marketplace wines are one-off wonders and once they’re gone, they’re gone so make sure you get your hands on this one before it’s too late!
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.