Stephen’s Merlot is absolutely soaked in warm Californian sunshine, it tastes awesome and is great value to boot!
Bursting with ripe and juicy blackberries, dark cherry and jammy plums followed by a dash of vanilla spice, it's the perfect tummy warmer.
Don’t be afraid to crack this wine open on any occasion. With food or without, it's the ultimate everyday drinker.
- I was lucky enough to use Angel funding to select three very special, sustainably grown vineyards, producing amazingly concentrated, inky Zinfandel with a lot of structure.
- I try to use a delicate touch to bring out the best in the fruit and really make the Zinfandel grapes shine in the soils I call home.
- Lavishing this fruit with lots of TLC in the winery, I've created a sumptuous, high-end wine that you can afford to open any day of the week.
Last year we asked Angels to choose which red they would like our super-couple Katie and Jean Marc to make next. The votes were so close that we actually ended up giving them the go-ahead to make both and here is Katie’s offering...
- Our Queen of the Languedoc is a firm believer in the beauty of the Grenache grape and has bought you a soft, silky, easy to drink delight that’s bursting with gorgeous fruitiness. What’s more, she used gnarly 80-year old vines for the job to make sure her wine really stands out.
- Whichever one does better will be the style they run with next year so don’t forget to rate and let us know what you think. Katie and Jean Marc are waiting on the edge of their seats..!
- Love your reds from the Me & Monsieur Jones range? Never Miss Out on future vintages here!
The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern Shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- Caroline learned her Syrah-thing from a stint at the legendary Rhone producer, Domaine Jean-Louis Chave
- This is small-batch, single-vineyard, hands-on winemaking from one of the Yarra's hottest talents. Angel funding has made the price a lot lower than it should be
- Top wine critics like Tim Atkin, Andrew Jefford and Fiona Beckett have all declared their love for Caroline's wines. Maybe it's time you should too
- Pure Aussie Cab that'll make you think you've fallen into the blackcurrant bush. Made by Aussie's young winemaker of the year 2009.
- Naked Australia has its nose to the grindstone to find new winemakers in Oz and we get to scoop up the cream of the crop.
- For the ultimate Aussie Cab experience, try this with linguine pasta with mushrooms, caramelized onions and a touch of thyme.
- Top wine writer Neal Martin (of Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate) recently described Bruwer as "the man who makes some of South Africa's finest wines". We reckon this spectacular blend definitely lives up to the hype.
- Cabernet Franc is Bruwer's signature grape (he bagged 5 stars in the Platter Wine Guide 2014 for his Family Cab Franc) - this time he's combined it with a mouth-watering Malbec...
- The results are pretty darn magical. This is a stonking red with bags of juicy black fruit, gorgeous concentration and a seriously elegant and pure finish.
- Until now, multi-award winning winemaker Caroline has been making tiny quantities of SERIOUSLY premium stuff in the Yarra Valley.
- But thanks to the wonders of Angel funding she's been able to create this super special Syrah at a more wallet-friendly price.
- This is a must-try for Shiraz lovers - bursting with rich juicy berries, with a delicious whack of peppery spice to finish. Divine.