- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
Christian's Montepulciano is everything you want in an Italian red. Big and full of ripe red fruits, it’s a perfectly plush wine.
Mulberries and violets on the nose leading to juicy damsons and cherries on the palate. So smooth you'll think someone's lined your glass with velvet!
An all round crowd-pleaser with a soft spot in its ruby-red heart for Italian food - match it up with pastas or a rich lasagne and let your satisfaction levels hit the roof.
- From the talent who made Solaia and Tignanello - two of the most iconic (and eye-wateringly expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- Stefano managed to nab a parcel of top notch Montepulciano grapes and has crafted an intense and velvety wine exclusively for Angels.
- Full to the brim with bright red fruit and rich dark chocolate, it’s the perfect wine to crack open with a tummy warming gamey stew.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocca and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
Last year we asked Angels to choose which red they would like our super-couple Katie and Jean Marc to make next. The votes were so close that we actually ended up giving them the go-ahead to make both and here is Jean Marc’s offering...
- Our King of Carignan and knows exactly how to get the best out of those little grapes so obviously he chose them. Add to that some silky Syrah et voila - you have his smooth, spicy, deliciously juicy blend.
- Whichever one does better will be the style they run with next year so don’t forget to rate and let us know what you think. Katie and Jean Marc are waiting on the edge of their seats..!
- Curious about Katie’s? Try it here!