WE'RE NOT SURE
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
- We love to do things a little left field and this is a blend we’d been talking about for a while! We were finally able to get our hands on some really great fruit and thought it would be a perfect fit for our eclectic A&R range.
- Your faith in us and our ability is incredible, and it makes us want to work as hard as we can to bring them the best possible wines we can make. We’d never be given the opportunity to make a style like this if we were working anywhere else – it’s something most other winemakers only dream of!
- Durif is a big, bold powerhouse variety and the Shiraz brings balance and structure, which together creates a well-rounded, full bodied, in-your-face kind of red. It’s still a very, very young wine and we highly recommend you decant, decant, decant. We’re really excited about it and can’t wait for you to try it.
Adrian and Rebecca, Winemakers
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- Henri's Minervois beat off competition from 240 French wines to win our first Zero to Hero winemaker competition.
- This delicious Syrah/Grenache blend is bursting with Mediterranean sunshine and expensive French oak.
- We've snapped up whatever's left of it (not much), so get yours now before it's gone for good.
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.
- Franck used his Winemaker of the Year prize fund to create his dream wine - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Savvy customers bought most of the first vintage in advance on Marketplace - be sure to try this gem before it's snatched up.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plush and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- Willie and Faisal picked their very best fruit from their finest vineyards in the iconic Stellenbosch Hills to make their Directors' Reserve.
- Complex, rich and oh-so-elegant, every delicious sip of this South African Bordeaux Blend is jam-packed with brooding dark fruits with a delicious earthy spice on the finish.
- Thanks to funding raised in the Naked Fine Wine Bond, they were able to give it the time it needed to become even more spectacular.
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour...
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. This rich, complex and elegant red is just calling out to be the star of your next dinner party.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 10 years.
- The grapes for my Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon come from the very best vineyards in Heathcote, Rutherglen and the King Valley. I make sure each grape receives the Rolls Royce treatment in the winery, where each parcel of fruit is handled separately, before maturing in top quality French oak barrels for 14 months.
- My Diamond Cab Sauv is probably my most popular wine, with last year's vintage selling out in record time. I really appreciate all your support, without Angels, I wouldn't be able to do what I love - making wines for you to enjoy!
- This is a big bold red wine. The colour is dark, deep and brooding. It's so powerful and elegant and full of those lovely Cab fruit characters, but such long, fine tannins on the finish - it has me reaching for another glass, and another!
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker