- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- This wine has a very unusual story, I was up in the mountains in Wellington, looking for more Old Vine Chenin Blanc vineyards, when I stumbled upon this Old Vineyard…
- After asking the farmer about it, he said that they did not even harvest the grapes the previous year and that it is ‘Tinta Barocca’, nobody wants to buy. I gave Eamon a call to see if we could help...
- Angel funding enabled me to pay the farmer a good price for the grapes, which in turn made him take extra special care of the vines and the resulting wine has amazing length, complexity and concentration! As it’s a small vineyard, volumes are limited so please buy some while you can.
- Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- Angel has made quite a name for himself amongst our army of Angels. His wines have gained quite the fan club and, thanks to Angel funding, he has been able to bring us this, his brand new ‘Millesime’.
- From Starosel (the same area as his sell out Merlot and Mavrud) where vines have been growing for over 3000 years, comes this rich and fruity blend of Cab Sav, Merlot and Syrah. There’s a luscious lick of spice too thanks to being aged in plush French oak barrels.
- If Angel’s track record with reds is anything to go by, this one’ll be gone in the blink of an eye so go on, step off the beaten track and dip into the world of big Bulgarian reds!
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
- Back Door wines are top-notch wines sold off by prestigious wineries for rock-bottom prices in exchange for complete secrecy. So we can’t tell you which vineyard this is from, but we can tell you it sits on some of the most prestigious (and expensive) terroir in South Africa - nestled right between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
- Your reigning Winemaker of the Year, Johan Kruger, drives past the vineyard every day, and let’s just say he has friends in high places. He managed to convince a mate there to let him have a few bottles of this premium wine for a knock down price, so he could pass it on to Angels.
- The vineyard is famous for producing world class reds and this one is no different - rich, bright with a delightful freshness and a finish that goes on and on. It’s pure pleasure in a bottle and we can’t thank Johan enough.
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour when he was a Somellier at top Michelin restaurants.
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. Bursting with sumptuous ripe fruit, a lovely smoky note and velvety tannins, this is as opulent and delicious as red wine gets.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 20 years.
- You have been asking for wines from the Lebanon and we searched high and low to find one that was perfect for Angels.
- Eddy carefully grows and handpicks the plumpest fruit from his vineyard to go into this juicy, elegant and subtle drop.
- Classic and rustic with a playful fruity side, this wine is full of bold blackberry and redcurrant flavours wrapped up in a warming toasty lick of vanilla spice. The perfect tipple to accompany a melt-in-the-mouth rack of lamb
- When Matt first thought about making a Cab Sav he knew only the best grapes would do so headed straight to the vineyards of Napa Valley to find them, and he’s been going back every year since.
This is Napa Cab at its best - rich, bursting with ripe dark fruits and a luscious lick of vanilla and spice. It’s silky smooth and delightfully moreish....
- Matt makes more and more of this wine each year and each year Angels get through the lot so snap up your bottle to see what all the fuss is about.
- I love drinking SGM and adore the challenge of blending these varieties to achieve a balanced, elegant, and perhaps most of all, intriguing wine.
- Angel votes and funding made it possible for me to source some exceptional parcels of Shiraz, Grenache and Mourvèdre from my old stomping ground in McLaren Vale.
- This is a beautifully silky SGM, with both fruit power yet so much elegance and restraint. Bright red fruits weave seamlessly with hints of spice, with a smooth texture that carries over the palate and has a long fresh finish.
Nina Stocker, Winemaker