- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
The bone dry climate of Central Victoria meant these hardy little grapes were brimming with colour and flavour and Sam knew just what to do to show them at their best.
Deep red in colour with a soft tinge of purple, this beautifully balanced wine boasts a sweet and spicy character from the oak, alongside intense aromas of blackberries and blackcurrants.
As Sam says, ‘it’s a stylish and sophisticated, full-bodied red that also has a delightful freshness to it. Very classy stuff!’ Anyone else suddenly feeling very thirsty?
- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour...
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. This rich, complex and elegant red is just calling out to be the star of your next dinner party.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 10 years.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- This wine has a very unusual story, I was up in the mountains in Wellington, looking for more Old Vine Chenin Blanc vineyards, when I stumbled upon this Old Vineyard…
- After asking the farmer about it, he said that they did not even harvest the grapes the previous year and that it is ‘Tinta Barocca’, nobody wants to buy. I gave Eamon a call to see if we could help...
- Angel funding enabled me to pay the farmer a good price for the grapes, which in turn made him take extra special care of the vines and the resulting wine has amazing length, complexity and concentration! As it’s a small vineyard, volumes are limited so please buy some while you can.
- Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
- Back Door wines are top-notch wines sold off by prestigious wineries for rock-bottom prices in exchange for complete secrecy. So we can’t tell you which vineyard this is from, but we can tell you it sits on some of the most prestigious (and expensive) terroir in South Africa - nestled right between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
- Your reigning Winemaker of the Year, Johan Kruger, drives past the vineyard every day, and let’s just say he has friends in high places. He managed to convince a mate there to let him have a few bottles of this premium wine for a knock down price, so he could pass it on to Angels.
- The vineyard is famous for producing world class reds and this one is no different - rich, bright with a delightful freshness and a finish that goes on and on. It’s pure pleasure in a bottle and we can’t thank Johan enough.
- You have been asking for wines from the Lebanon and we searched high and low to find one that was perfect for Angels.
- Eddy carefully grows and handpicks the plumpest fruit from his vineyard to go into this juicy, elegant and subtle drop.
- Classic and rustic with a playful fruity side, this wine is full of bold blackberry and redcurrant flavours wrapped up in a warming toasty lick of vanilla spice. The perfect tipple to accompany a melt-in-the-mouth rack of lamb
- Willie and Faisal picked their very best fruit from their finest vineyards in the iconic Stellenbosch Hills to make their Directors' Reserve.
- Complex, rich and oh-so-elegant, every delicious sip of this South African Bordeaux Blend is jam-packed with brooding dark fruits with a delicious earthy spice on the finish.
- Thanks to funding raised in the Naked Fine Wine Bond, they were able to give it the time it needed to become even more spectacular.