From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Secret family techniques bring structure and some serious punch to this rich and smooth little number.
It’s bursting at the seams with dark berries and delicate floral notes, and it’s excellent length means your enjoyment of this wine will go on. And on. And on.
Be warned though, there’s not a lot going around. It’s an increasingly popular appellation so pick up this treasure now because, as Frederic says, ‘‘later’ will be too late!’
WE'RE NOT SURE
- When we first bought the Jas de Bressy vineyards they were in a poor shape, however we were able to keep all the old vines on the estate to make this Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
- As we harvest this estate at the end of the season we are able to harvest the whole bunch of grapes without desteming, as even the stems are ripe enough at this point. The wine we end up is very concentrated and requires much longer ageing in oak.
- Our Chateau Jas de Bressy is subtle and elegant, with the sort of robust red colour and dark fruit flavours you would expect from the highest quality Châteauneuf-du-Pape. While you can drink it now, if you were to wait for 10-20 years you will be able to see the flavours fully develop.
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's well and truly outdone himself with this organic beauty... packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits, with a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab a lovely joint of pork, slow roast it so the crackling goes nice and crispy, a bit of stuffing, and several bottles of this.
- Mr Darnault can do no wrong - and now, he's taking your wine to a whole new level. His latest Languedoc blending masterclass is vegan, organic AND bio-dynamic... making this ruby red gem just as Heavenly as the Angels that made it possible.
- WOW... what can we say? While the beautifully concentrated, vibrant red fruit flavour of Carignan dances on your tastebuds, your mouth will be wrapped in plush, velveteen tannins. Add smoky, sultry Syrah to the mix and you've got a finish to savour with every sip.
- Ben works super hard to find the fruit for this wine. And based on the previous vintages, it won't last! Try it while you can with some herby, French-style sausages and mustard. Divine.
- Katie snapped up 100 year old, lower than low-yield vines - only producing a single bottle of rich, ravishingly ripe fruit per vine - to make her sumptuous Old Vine Carignan.
- The result is a beautifully concentrated and vibrant drop, packed with juicy blueberries with a super-smoooooth and ever-so-spicy finish.
- And because your Angel funding saved Katie when she needed it most - she's made it exclusive to you - at a mere snip of what it's worth.