Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
From the foothills of the Verdera mountain range comes Anna’s first wine for Angels and it’s an absolute beauty.
The Catalunian elements (we’re talking sun, sea and wind) have worked their magic on this sumptuous blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah, with its deep violet colour and intense aromatic profile really making it stand out amongst the crowd.
Bursting with black fruits, with a hint of spiciness and pinch of wild Mediterranean herbs, enjoy the power, complexity and elegance of this wine. It’s safe to say we can expect great things from Anna!
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour...
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. This rich, complex and elegant red is just calling out to be the star of your next dinner party.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 10 years.
- From the mountains of the Southern Rhône comes this sumptuous big red blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre.
- Light, powerful and brimming with lush aromas of red fruits, Denis describes it as exactly what a Cru Cairanne should be; an Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove. (We’re not gonna lie, we are probably going to nab that phrase from him).
- 2017 was a fantastic vintage and, with his Chene Noir and Reserve Red going down an absolute storm amongst Angels, there’s no doubt in our mind this will be his hat trick!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Although it is part of the Rhone Valley, Costières de Nimes is a unique terroir close to the beautiful city of Nimes, in the heart of Camargue at the most Southern part of the Rhone valley. The direct proximity of the Mediterranean Sea brings an almost constant sea breeze, which brings freshness in the vineyard.
- Here, the vines are rarely thirsty, and they give focused and racy reds, with aromas of fresh red fruit, with beautiful concentration.
- Our goal and hopefully you will find that in the bottle, is to reveal at the same time our terroir and the grape expression with as much purity in their expression. Our Halos de Jupiter Costières 2018 is certainly a wine that you can drink as off today, but can be kept for up to five years in a good cellar.
Michel Gassier, Winemaker
- When Leicester girl Katie Jones went to France on holiday 20 years ago and ended up working in a wine co-operative, she had no idea it would be the start of a marriage made in heaven. Katie married the love of her life, local winemaker Jean-Marc.
- Me & Monsieur Jones is the fruit of Katie’s and Jean-Marc’s marriage – a delicious blend of Grenache grapes from his vineyard and Syrah from hers.
- This fruit-packed, lightly-spiced bundle of red loveliness is a super versatile wine, coping with any from sizzling bangers to big plates of pasta and salads.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Secret family techniques bring structure and some serious punch to this rich and smooth little number.
It’s bursting at the seams with dark berries and delicate floral notes, and it’s excellent length means your enjoyment of this wine will go on. And on. And on.
Be warned though, there’s not a lot going around. It’s an increasingly popular appellation so pick up this treasure now because, as Frederic says, ‘‘later’ will be too late!’
- Virgile is a bit of a genius as far as we are concerned. He takes good grapes and turns them into great wine, then sells it to us at a ridiculously low price which benefits us, and, wonderfully, you too!
- This is classic Southern French blend, so a lot of chunkiness from the Shiraz along with some delicious plum duff fruits - a kick of redcurrant from the Grenache helps it along the way and a slice of spice rounds it all off.
- Steak. Big, bloody and ready for annihilation.