WE'RE NOT SURE
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
- The winemaking process behind this Merlot was kept as simple as possible, no crazy pump-over regime, just a focus on the gentle handling of the fruit and ageing of the wine in French oak casks for around 10 months.
- I've had my eye on this specific block for a while and I'm so glad to finally get my hands on the fruit. The close proximity of this vineyard to False Bay and the Atlantic ocean results in an early harvested crop, before the vines have started to bear any signs of heat-related stress - perfect for making juicy, fruity Merlot.
- Youthful in appearance, expect an explosion of dark fruits and a lovely chalky texture that's dangerously moreish, easy-drinking, and oh so smooth.
Adam Mason, Winemaker
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest winemakers, as one taste of her sumptuous Shiraz quickly illustrates.
- Carmen puts as much TLC into this £7.99 Shiraz as she does into her £20 wines. The grapes were carefully hand-picked through the night, to ensure they didn’t lose any of their deliciously concentrated flavours.
- You can taste Carmen’s care and attention in every sip of this big, fruity, spicy wine. It’s deep, dark, and brimming with rich, plummy fruit, with a kick of peppery spice on the finish that’ll leave you with a lovely warm glow.
- Stephen was the first winemaker to work with us and boy is he proof that the system works. Angels up-and-down the UK have a stash of his crowd-pleasing Shiraz on the rack at all times.
- This is a perfect example of a big South African red - full of flavour, smooth as silk and with a little lick of spice to round things off. It's a big wine for a small price.
- Open the bottle, show a frying pan a steak, briefly, then combine in mouth. Boom!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen has more Naked ratings than the President of the World Nudist Society, and we can understand why when he takes an unpopular grape like Pinotage and turns it into something very special - and all for relative peanuts thanks to Angel support.
- Dark damson fruits with an edge of prune, and a tinge of black cherry combine with milk chocolate to make this a heavenly tipple.
- Lamb chops, mint sauce, a bottle of this. Bingo...
- Stephen's Cab Sauv has been gracing the virtual shelves of Naked for over 10 years now - making it our bestselling red of all time.
- Super smooth and bursting with pure, unadulterated blackcurrants and a luscious lick of oak. It's a total crowd-pleaser that deserves a spot on the rack at all times.
- You won’t find a winemaker more experienced, or frankly more passionate about his wines than Stephen. And because your Angel funding supports him, you get it for a seriously keen price!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- It’s no accident Stephen’s an all-time Naked legend. You'd struggle to find many winemakers making better kit at £6.99 a bottle, and this Merlot is no exception.
- For starters it has one of the most intense black cherry fruit flavours that taste as if they've been whisked up with a shot of espresso and liquid dark chocolate. Add a hint of spice to the finish and you've got one hell of a mouthful of red wine.
- What's more, because its backed by our Angels, it's not only a great glass, but a pretty good bargain to boot.