- Beautifully smooth, juicy and easy-drinking - a unique blend of traditional Portuguese grapes with an added Cabernet kick.
- The vineyard is so close to the beautiful city of Lisbon that no-one thought of looking there... until now.
- Ripe and juicy fruits on the nose with a smooth and sumptuous mouthfeel, all wrapped up with a lingering velvet finish. Portuguese perfection.
- When Naked asked me to make a delicious and affordable Aussie red, I knew just the wine for the job. A Shiraz with depth, intense fruit, and spice… with a hint of Viognier to give a touch of floral lift.
- There are so many great vineyards surrounding us, but having a route to market has always been the key, which is why we’ve remained a small wine business. Your funding allows me to focus on what I’m good at (winemaking), and my husband to focus on what he’s good at (growing grapes and breeding cattle).
- This is a wine with oodles of juicy dark red fruits – cherry, blackberry jam, and plum, with a hint of earth and oak.
- I'd suggest letting this wine chill out in the bottle a bit after its big journey overseas... one month ideally. Or if you can't wait that long, decanting will help all of the ripe, juicy delicious fruit to sing from the glass!
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
- It's not just common old Reserva, this is Gran Reserva - and in Spain this actually means something. Only top quality grapes are used - the grapes that have the best fruit, structure and intensity.
- Jorge leaves it to mature slowly, in toasty oak barrels to give it that mellow, smooth, caramel and vanilla flavour. Yum!
- One of our biggest ever sellers and we can absolutely see why. Pour yourself a glass of this belly warmer with big ol’ bowl of steamy stew. Perfection.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 93% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
A Rioja of this quality would usually have a massive price tag, but thanks to Angel funding you get it at mates rates.
A Crianza is a Rioja aged for at least two years (at least one of which was in oak). This process gives the wine a silky, classy character which combined with a shot of pure crushed strawberry fruit delivers in spades.
This wine is a match made in heaven for a delicious leg of roast lamb or a smoky paprika-filled goulash.
- Carlos has something a lot of winemakers don't - access to the very best grapes around, and first dibs on his favourites. That means he only makes wines that he feels truly passionate about - and boy, does it show.
- This top class Crianza is full to the brim with jammy, fresh strawberry flavour, all rounded off beautifully with young, creamy oak. Top that off with a hint of vanilla and you've got a wine fit for the finest.
- If you like Rioja, you owe it to yourself to taste just how good this grape can be. Perfect with a paella or whatever spicy tapas nibbles take your fancy.
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.