Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- A Rioja of this quality would usually have a massive price tag, but thanks to Angel funding you get it at mates rates.
- A Crianza is a Rioja aged for at least two years (at least one of which was in oak). This process gives the wine a silky, classy character which combined with a shot of pure crushed strawberry fruit delivers in spades.
- This wine is a match made in heaven for a delicious leg of roast lamb or a smoky paprika-filled goulash.
My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
- Carlos has something a lot of winemakers don't - access to the very best grapes around, and first dibs on his favourites. That means he only makes wines that he feels truly passionate about - and boy, does it show.
- This top class Crianza is full to the brim with jammy, fresh strawberry flavour, all rounded off beautifully with young, creamy oak. Top that off with a hint of vanilla and you've got a wine fit for the finest.
- If you like Rioja, you owe it to yourself to taste just how good this grape can be. Perfect with a paella or whatever spicy tapas nibbles take your fancy.
- Christian's Primitivo is dark and brooding with bags of intense fruit flavour. Heaven in a glass for red wine lovers.
Soaked in Italian sunshine, this wine is brimming with delicious lush dark cherry, juicy plum and an elegant velvety lick of spice.
Serve with a juicy grilled steak or your favourite flavoursome cheeses to really enjoy this powerful tipple.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- Daryl’s youngest son Colby was born with CHD – Congenital Heart Disease. He had to undergo multiple open-heart surgeries before the age of 10.
- Colby was one of the lucky ones. Now 22, he’s on a mission to give back to the organisations who help to save and improve the lives of people living with congenital heart defects.
- Daryl and Colby are so proud to be able to finally share their DRG Wine with Heart with UK Angels – to help raise much-needed cash for the British Heart Foundation.
- It’s a luxurious blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, Petite Sirah and Zinfandel, packed with mouthfuls of bright jammy fruit. It’s a unique and generous red that’s ridiculously smooth to drink.
- We’ll donate £1 for every bottle sold. If we can sell every bottle, over £30,000 will go to the British Heart Foundation.
Cool nights on the slopes of Monte Agudo in southern Rioja meant Tom’s grapes could ripen nice and slowly to help bring about this fruity, juicy delight.
- It’s not only Tempranillo that has gone into his Flor de Luna though. Tom added in a smidge of Grenache to amp up the fruitiness (think red berries and fresh raspberries) as well as a drop of Viura for that elegant dash of pears and nectarines.
- If you like your Beaujolais reds and wines from the southern Rhone then pop this in your basket quick smart… it’s your chance to taste a traditional Rioja blend, made the traditional Rioja way.
- The Montsant region is still an under-rated region in Spain, which is fortunate for me as I have access to amazingly healthy and high quality grapes for an excellent price. Thanks to Angel funding I can pay in advance for the grapes and the wine, which means no extra margin for the bank!
- My Vinya Cucut is made using a hand picked selection of grapes from old vines that are on average at least 50 years old. We select the best grapes from the vineyard, which then go onto a sorting table for further selection.
- Gentle extraction of the tannins after fermentation followed by a minimum of 6 months in barrel and bottle give a wonderful balance between the tannin and the spicy fruit flavours, so you end up with a mouth-watering finish each time.
- I've made this Petit Verdot from parcels usually reserved for more expensive wines - luckily I know the grower well!
- The Petit Verdot grape is a highly-concentrated grape with abundant colour, structure and flavour. The result is a deep, inky red with inviting aromas of blackcurrant, violet and rooibos tea.
- Powerful in structure yet with an incredibly rich and seamless texture, this full-bodied wine shows ripe cocoa-powder tannins and flavours of cinnamon, black olive tapenade and dark berry fruit.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker