A Rioja of this quality would usually have a massive price tag, but thanks to Angel funding you get it at mates rates.
A Crianza is a Rioja aged for at least two years (at least one of which was in oak). This process gives the wine a silky, classy character which combined with a shot of pure crushed strawberry fruit delivers in spades.
This wine is a match made in heaven for a delicious leg of roast lamb or a smoky paprika-filled goulash.
- Rodolfo's great love in life is making Rioja for his Angels. Your funding helped him to nab some pristine grapes from the super-premium Alta region to make a seriously smooth Rioja.
- His cracking Crianza is aged in oak for 14 months to create a ravishingly rich drop with an elegant, silky finish. It's dripping with opulence and punches waaay above its price tag.
- A wine that looks and tastes this good should cost you a pretty penny. Luckily for you, this is a steal at the price. Grab yourself some affordable decadence while you can.
Back door wines are top notch wines sold off by prestigious wineries for rock-bottom prices in exchange for complete secrecy so we can’t tell you which vineyard this is from, but we can tell you it’s famous neighbours include Rioja and Ribera del Duero...
- It’s been barrel aged to perfection using the same plush barrels as super posh Reserva wines do and boasts ripe berry aromas, typical of Tempranillo grapes, and a complex bouquet of delicate spices and hints of vanilla.
Tuck into this fresh yet full bodied, velvety smooth red and savoury every second of that long, luxurious finish, safe in the knowledge you're drinking a top-quality wine without having paid the hefty price tag!
- The 2012 vintage of this little beauty was a huge hit with the Aussie Angels (and top wine critic James Halliday - who awarded it a whopping 93 points) ...now finally we've got our hands on it!
- This rich, elegant blend is Adrian and Rebecca's take on a Rhone classic. Take a long sip and let it wrap around your tongue like a velvety-smooth cashmere blanket - the perfect winter warmer.
- And because your Angel funding set Adrian and Rebecca up in business, they're giving you mates' rates.
- The juicy, indulgent Montepulciano from undiscovered Italian winemaker Riccardo Iacobone bagged the most votes at every single tasting.
- With rich and intense blackberry flavours, a yummy chunk of chocolate and and a velvety smooth smoky lick, it’s no surprise that the voting box was overflowing with tokens.
- Riccardo could hardly believe it when we gave him the good news - thanks to the power of your votes, he’s bagged a game-changing order for his business.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen’s entry-level Cab is one of our best-selling reds of all time. So when we challenged him to step it up a notch, we knew we were in for a real treat.
- Stephen headed straight to the oldest Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard on his farm, where he meticulously selected the fruit for this premium drop. Then he spent a quid or two more on the best oak and ageing… and it’s taken the quality through the roof.
- The older vines have tiny, concentrated grapes, giving the wine lots of deliciously complex and concentrated dark berry flavours that linger on your tongue. By all means drink it now, but this top-notch drop will also keep for many years to come.
- Marcelo’s grapes come from a region steeped in quality winemaking history and you can absolutely tell with this top-notch Malbec.
- Bright ruby red and full of elegant and rich red fruit including cherries and plums, this wine feels like velvet and tastes like heaven.
- Crack this open a few hours before drinking to really release all of those yummy flavours, and pair with a big, hearty, juicy steak. Perfect.
- Think Chianti and then some. Kobie and Faisal take the Sangiovese grape and turbo-charge it with SA sunshine and love
- Taste Super Tuscan wine at supermarket prices - this Sangiovese is a luscious, rich and smooth Afro-Italian monster
- This wine is made in seriously small batches, so nab some while you can.
- Over the years at Moerbei Estate we've grown top quality Pinotage fruit, but all of it was sold to boutique wineries nearby. We decided to take our fruit back and show Angels how delicious this hidden jewel can be.
- Naked had the confidence to give us the Angel investment in advance to help with our first bottling. They believed in us, and we hope once you taste our Redridge Pinotage you will love it too!
- Our Redridge Pinotage is full-bodied yet elegant with crunchy red fruit flavours on the palate and a delightful smokey nose. This wine is truly South African and it would compete with the best Pinotage in South Africa.
Kobie & Faisal - Winemakers
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.