- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamt of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, but never had the money.
- That was until thousands of you crowned him your 2011 Winemaker of the Year. He used the prize money (and his expertise) to source the grapes to bring you this deep, ripe red and it's been back every year since!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink - this crowd pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
Denis carefully selected the grapes that went into this delightfully gluggable wine as only the best were fit for the job.
Two words that spring to mind with this one? Juicy and fresh. There’s an abundance of red fruit aromas to ignite the senses. We're talking strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants with a little twist of black cherries just for good measure. It’s dangerously moreish stuff.
As an Angel, you get it it at a jaw-dropping price. So if it’s value for money you’re after then look no further; Denis has the answer!
- I have always loved the Macon Rouge, and I wanted to make a wine from this area in a lighter style of red that would compliment the rest of my range.
- The grapes I've used for my Gamay are hand picked from old vines growing on the slopes. I've used a technique called cold maceration to bring out the flavour of the grapes without extracting too much tannin.
- My Gamay is a modern fruit driven style, with ripe red fruits and aromas, with a certain minerality and light rounded tannins. It's a lighter fresh style of red that really lends itself to cheeses and cold meats.
- I've been making Beaujolais for the past 22 years... so I'm thrilled to start a new chapter with Naked as your first ever Beaujolais winemaker.
- I found the very best grapes from older, established vineyards to make this wine. The yields are lower and the grapes are smaller, this helps us to obtain more intense, yet mellow wines.
- Made with 100% Gamay grapes, my Beaujolais is brimming with blackberry, pear and cherry - it is well balanced, very soft and silky smooth.
- Fleurie is one of the twelve crus of Beaujolais and probably one of the most sought after.
- Made with 100% Gamay grapes, it's a unique and feminine wine, famous for its wonderful soft, floral and fruity taste.
- My Fleurie is a beautifully smooth and silky red wine with soft red and black berry fruits.