From the foothills of the Verdera mountain range comes Anna’s first wine for Angels and it’s an absolute beauty.
The Catalunian elements (we’re talking sun, sea and wind) have worked their magic on this sumptuous blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah, with its deep violet colour and intense aromatic profile really making it stand out amongst the crowd.
Bursting with black fruits, with a hint of spiciness and pinch of wild Mediterranean herbs, enjoy the power, complexity and elegance of this wine. It’s safe to say we can expect great things from Anna!
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- As the most widespread red wine variety in Austria, Zweigelt grows in favourable sites in nearly all of Austria’s wine regions.
- Since our soil is unique in Austria, and there are only a few spots in the world that show similar soil characteristics.
- Our grapes are handpicked, destemmed gently and strictly hand sorted. After sorting we gently fill our fermentation tanks by gravity, and wait for the natural yeasts, from the vineyard, to start fermentation.
- The variety brings slightly violet-reddish colored wines with soft tannins. Mature, full-bodied and long-living wines deliver notes of Morello cherry.
Stefan Landauer, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Although it is part of the Rhone Valley, Costières de Nimes is a unique terroir close to the beautiful city of Nimes, in the heart of Camargue at the most Southern part of the Rhone valley. The direct proximity of the Mediterranean Sea brings an almost constant sea breeze, which brings freshness in the vineyard.
- Here, the vines are rarely thirsty, and they give focused and racy reds, with aromas of fresh red fruit, with beautiful concentration.
- Our goal and hopefully you will find that in the bottle, is to reveal at the same time our terroir and the grape expression with as much purity in their expression. Our Halos de Jupiter Costières 2018 is certainly a wine that you can drink as off today, but can be kept for up to five years in a good cellar.
Michel Gassier, Winemaker
- You've been funding Ben to make delicious, downright drinkable reds from the get go. This time, we asked him to take it up a notch and show us what he could do, on the best Southern French soils around. The result is this sensational, showstopper Syrah.
- Full to the brim with plump, ripe blackberries, melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate and a seductively spiced licquorice kick that'll tingle and tease your tastebuds with every mouthful. Rich, rounded, and utterly voluptuous.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 10 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle - quick sharp - and cracking it open with some sizzling pan seared duck (and anyone else you love enough to share it with).
- Virgile is a bit of a genius as far as we are concerned. He takes good grapes and turns them into great wine, then sells it to us at a ridiculously low price which benefits us, and, wonderfully, you too!
- This is classic Southern French blend, so a lot of chunkiness from the Shiraz along with some delicious plum duff fruits - a kick of redcurrant from the Grenache helps it along the way and a slice of spice rounds it all off.
- Steak. Big, bloody and ready for annihilation.