- The juicy, indulgent Montepulciano from undiscovered Italian winemaker Riccardo Iacobone bagged the most votes at every single tasting.
- With rich and intense blackberry flavours, a yummy chunk of chocolate and and a velvety smooth smoky lick, it’s no surprise that the voting box was overflowing with tokens.
- Riccardo could hardly believe it when we gave him the good news - thanks to the power of your votes, he’s bagged a game-changing order for his business.
Once upon a time, the dark fruit flavours of Cabernet Sauvignon met the soft but spicy ones of Grenache and, not long after, Marselan entered the world.
Diego went to outstanding lengths to ensure his first wine for you is a hit. From nurturing an organic vineyard, to only harvesting at night to preserve the yummy fruity aromas of the grapes.
Bright crimson in colour, it's packed with summer fruits and berries with a hint of spiciness - you can taste the TLC in every sip.
- You've been funding Ben to make delicious, downright drinkable reds from the get go. This time, we asked him to take it up a notch and show us what he could do, on the best Southern French soils around. The result is this sensational, showstopper Syrah.
- Full to the brim with plump, ripe blackberries, melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate and a seductively spiced licquorice kick that'll tingle and tease your tastebuds with every mouthful. Rich, rounded, and utterly voluptuous.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 10 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle - quick sharp - and cracking it open with some sizzling pan seared duck (and anyone else you love enough to share it with).
- Virgile is a bit of a genius as far as we are concerned. He takes good grapes and turns them into great wine, then sells it to us at a ridiculously low price which benefits us, and, wonderfully, you too!
- This is classic Southern French blend, so a lot of chunkiness from the Shiraz along with some delicious plum duff fruits - a kick of redcurrant from the Grenache helps it along the way and a slice of spice rounds it all off.
- Steak. Big, bloody and ready for annihilation.
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's well and truly outdone himself with this organic beauty... packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits, with a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab a lovely joint of pork, slow roast it so the crackling goes nice and crispy, a bit of stuffing, and several bottles of this.
- Mr Darnault can do no wrong - and now, he's taking your wine to a whole new level. His latest Languedoc blending masterclass is vegan, organic AND bio-dynamic... making this ruby red gem just as Heavenly as the Angels that made it possible.
- WOW... what can we say? While the beautifully concentrated, vibrant red fruit flavour of Carignan dances on your tastebuds, your mouth will be wrapped in plush, velveteen tannins. Add smoky, sultry Syrah to the mix and you've got a finish to savour with every sip.
- Ben works super hard to find the fruit for this wine. And based on the previous vintages, it won't last! Try it while you can with some herby, French-style sausages and mustard. Divine.
From the foothills of the Verdera mountain range comes Anna’s first wine for Angels and it’s an absolute beauty.
The Catalunian elements (we’re talking sun, sea and wind) have worked their magic on this sumptuous blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah, with its deep violet colour and intense aromatic profile really making it stand out amongst the crowd.
Bursting with black fruits, with a hint of spiciness and pinch of wild Mediterranean herbs, enjoy the power, complexity and elegance of this wine. It’s safe to say we can expect great things from Anna!
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.
- Virgile's released a tiny parcel of his tummy-warming Mourvedre, to raise funds for his dream winery.
- He snapped up some top-notch Mourvedre grapes that would have otherwise been lost into a blend... and let the rich, luscious, down-to-earth grape shine on its own.
- Tricky to pronounce (mooh-veh-dra if you're wondering) ...but oh-so-easy to drink. Virgile recommends a big buttery roast chicken and crispy sage stuffing - that's your Sunday sorted.