- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
- High up in the Uco Valley lies a stunning, small, family-run vineyard that’s choc-full of a mix of old and young vines...It’s exactly there where Sebastian found the juice for his first ever Malbec for Angels.‘
- Old’ Malbec is the real deal - unlike the French clones so often seen in the vineyards planted during the grapes heyday in the 90’s - it’s delicate, refined and makes for a true Argentine red.
- This aromatic bombshell is a fresh, fruity red that's best drunk young to make the most out of all those flavours. Sebastian describes it as the very definition of a ‘tasty’ wine and we couldn’t agree more!
Straight from the heart of his favourite wine region, the Uco Valley, comes Sebastian’s rich and elegant Reserve Malbec...
- The grapes came from a small, family-run vineyard that boasts 35 year old Malbec vines; no mean feat given the majority of Malbec vines weren’t planted until the grapes popularity boom in the 90’s! This means what you’re tasting is the proper good stuff.
- Intense ruby red in colour, its velvety smoothness, intense fruitiness and luscious lick of spice really bring this wine to the next level. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Sebastian got to showcase the true flavours of an Argentine Malbec and he couldn’t be more grateful.
- Marcelo’s grapes come from a region steeped in quality winemaking history and you can absolutely tell with this top-notch Malbec.
- Bright ruby red and full of elegant and rich red fruit including cherries and plums, this wine feels like velvet and tastes like heaven.
- Crack this open a few hours before drinking to really release all of those yummy flavours, and pair with a big, hearty, juicy steak. Perfect.
- This fabulous Malbec, made by top Argentinian winemaker Mauricio, is one of the finest we've tasted at this price tag.
- Made possible through the support and investment of our Naked Angels, so if that's you, thank you very much. We hope you like it as much as we do!
- As a piece of advice when it arrives on the doorstep, tuck it in the wine rack, race to the butchers, buy the finest steak you can - then wave it in front of a naked flame a little bit and tuck in to both. Perfection.
My son Franco and I hope you enjoy our ‘father-son’ wine as much as we do. We harvested these grapes and hand-made the wine together. This was his very first time - so this wine is very close to my heart.
This is the most special Malbec I've ever had the opportunity to create. It's been resting in French oak barrels for the past 12 months and now it's ready to savour. Red and deep violet in colour with aromas of blackcurrant, cassis, coffee and tobacco. It's rich, velvety and delicious now, but will keep on getting better and better until 2033!
Thank you for enabling me to share the passion of our family and our land to make fine, age-worthy wines like this for you.
Jose was crowned your Zero to Hero champion and he spent the prize fund creating a spectacular Reserve Malbec to say thank you.
Bursting with deep red fruits, with a cheeky hint of oaky spice, it'll wrap around your tongue and give it a big ol' bear hug. Exactly what we need as the long winter nights set in.
It goes without saying that this one will really shine alongside a juicy piece of steak. No need to travel to Argentina; Argentina can come to you!
- Malbec is what Argentina does best (that and beef). With that extra added 'reserve' you get better grapes, and more ageing. All round, an even better wine.
- If you plan on sticking a bit of beef anywhere near an open flame in the near future, I'd suggest you get some of this in.
- Oh, and save it for your more private parties. This is too good to share with the neighbours.
- WARNING: DO NOT SHARE THIS WINE! This is something seriously special...
- Patricio is one of our most highly rated winemakers. We wanted to see just how good he could be so we asked him to pull out all the stops and make something amazing with the very best grapes he could find.
- Malbec is what Argentina does best, and Patricio just made the best one we have EVER tasted. Don't blame us if you get hooked on Patricio's Gran Reservas! You have been warned