- Portugal may still go under the wine industry radar, but it’s becoming the holy grail for sensational reds without the hefty price tag.
- This little beauty from the cellars of one of our favourite winemakers Luis is a blend of several local varieties, which is what gives it surprising complexity for such a low price.
- It's the perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 93% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- To get the best out of this wine, Mario recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking... why not add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order?
- The grapes for my Agil are a combination of Aragonez and Trincadeira (which are local to the area of Estremoz where I live), and the well known Syrah variety. The vineyards that are used for this wine all sit around 400 metres above sea level, which help give a delicious freshness to this unique blend.
- I set up my winery only 12 years ago, and I've spent that time making my wines better and better. Angel funding has given me the chance to start planting new vineyards so that I will be able to bring my taste of Portugal to even more Angels.
- When you pour this wine the first thing you should notice is the deep ruby red colour, then once you take your first sip you will experience the intense flavours of well ripened red and blue berries with a slightly spicy finish - a great example of a medium bodied red from my area that I hope you will enjoy again and again!
Luis Louro, Winemaker