- Portugal is quickly becoming the holy grail for sensational reds without the hefty price tag.
- This little beauty from the cellars of one of our favourite winemakers Luis is a blend of several local varieties, which is what gives it surprising complexity for such a low price.
- It's the perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
- Luis is the genius behind some of our best-selling wines. His Montaria Reserva has racked up sky-high ratings over past vintages and this one is no different.
- Silky smooth, dangerous moreish and chock-full of jammy fruit flavours - if anything will prove that wine in a box is not to be sniffed at it's this!
- Luis has squeezed 3 bottles of wine worth into this box so it should last you a little while longer than the bottle...*Should*
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- Mario Negreiros sells much of his grapes for port production - but he keeps the best back to make this stunning red.
- Think of a freshly picked black cherry - that's it with a little bit of black pepper and a hint of dark chocolate. All in all a moreish wine that keeps you coming back for one last sip.
- This wine is highly recommended with 'Beef Cozido à Portuguesa' which is a tasty, rich beef stew - or hot pot as we like to say in the good old fashioned UK.
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- To get the best out of this wine, Mario recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking... why not add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order?
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 90% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- The grapes for my Agil are a combination of Aragonez and Trincadeira (which are local to the area of Estremoz where I live), and the well known Syrah variety. The vineyards that are used for this wine all sit around 400 metres above sea level, which help give a delicious freshness to this unique blend.
- I set up my winery only 12 years ago, and I've spent that time making my wines better and better. Angel funding has given me the chance to start planting new vineyards so that I will be able to bring my taste of Portugal to even more Angels.
- When you pour this wine the first thing you should notice is the deep ruby red colour, then once you take your first sip you will experience the intense flavours of well ripened red and blue berries with a slightly spicy finish - a great example of a medium bodied red from my area that I hope you will enjoy again and again!
Luis Louro, Winemaker