- Beautifully smooth, juicy and easy-drinking - a unique blend of traditional Portuguese grapes with an added Cabernet kick.
- The vineyard is so close to the beautiful city of Lisbon that no-one thought of looking there... until now.
- Ripe and juicy fruits on the nose with a smooth and sumptuous mouthfeel, all wrapped up with a lingering velvet finish. Portuguese perfection.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 93% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- To get the best out of this wine, Mario recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking... why not add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order?
- Portugal may still go under the wine industry radar, but it’s becoming the holy grail for sensational reds without the hefty price tag.
- This little beauty from the cellars of one of our favourite winemakers Luis is a blend of several local varieties, which is what gives it surprising complexity for such a low price.
- It's the perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
Only in exceptional years are we lucky enough to get our hands on Mario Negreiros’ Reserva. Having made just two previous vintages, back in 2007 and 2013, we were so excited when he said 2015 had made the grade.
Mario’s Reserva is brimming with dark and bramble fruits and a slight spiciness which hails from the new French oak barrels it is aged in. By all means open it up now but it will really improve with 3-5 more years in the bottle.
- Mario has done every little thing in his power to make this wine perfect, including stomping the grapes with his own (clean!) feet. It’s an ‘A for effort’ from us, Mario!
When Saturday Kitchen chef James Martin described this sublime Portuguese blend as the best red he’d tasted in 10 years – so many viewers scrambled to get it that the Majestic website kicked the bucket! Now you can try it, just promise not break our site too.
With a healthy dash of Touriga Nacional (often used in Port), it’s choc-a bloc full of warm, jammy forest fruits. However, a gorgeous lick of spice means it’s better balanced than an Olympic gymnast tackling the beam. Oh-so-drinkable drops like this are the reason why Portugal is the new Mecca for wines that over-deliver on value and taste.
We’ve had the chance to cherry-pick the best of Majestic wines to plug gaps in our range. This wine wasn’t funded by Angels, so doesn’t carry an Angel saving. But thanks to Majestic’s buying power, you still get it at a snip!
- The grapes for my Agil are a combination of Aragonez and Trincadeira (which are local to the area of Estremoz where I live), and the well known Syrah variety. The vineyards that are used for this wine all sit around 400 metres above sea level, which help give a delicious freshness to this unique blend.
- I set up my winery only 12 years ago, and I've spent that time making my wines better and better. Angel funding has given me the chance to start planting new vineyards so that I will be able to bring my taste of Portugal to even more Angels.
- When you pour this wine the first thing you should notice is the deep ruby red colour, then once you take your first sip you will experience the intense flavours of well ripened red and blue berries with a slightly spicy finish - a great example of a medium bodied red from my area that I hope you will enjoy again and again!
Luis Louro, Winemaker