- An elegant Pinot with a gentle touch. The Angels have been asking Bill & Claudia to make a New Zealand Pinot like this ever since tasting their amazing 2010 Sauv Blancs.
- The Smalls spent ages scouring the island looking for just the right vines, and they have struck gold! Mature vines on a sunny north-facing hillside in Marlborough, just screaming to be Naked.
- "Absolutely loved it, just what I've been looking for. Can't stop talking about it" said Angel Richard Coyne. We heartily agree!
- Rod downed tools at one of the best wineries in New Zealand to work for you. Why? To make you wines like this Pinot Noir.
- Martinborough is Pinot Noir paradise... perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. The long warm days give the grapes flavour, and blustery sea breezes (nature's air conditioning) keep everything cool and fresh
- A delicious and punchy Pinot Noir with blackcurrant, black cherry, and some serious brooding Burgundian texture. Absolutely divine.
- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- We got wind of some seriously classy Marlborough Pinot Noir going for a steal and we just had to nab it for you Angels.
- Full to the brim with ripe black cherries, juicy raspberries and a dash of black pepper. Just delicious!
- Serve yourself a large glass of this with a glazed rack of lamb, it’s absolutely divine.
- Mike was the genius behind the iconic Jackson Estate for 10 years, where he was head winemaker. A magnet for awards and Parker Points, his bold, fruity Sauvignons go gangbusters with Angels.
- As a side hobby he loves going toe to toe with the world’s best, making spectacular parcels of what he calls his ‘desert island’ wines and this is one of those beauties.
- A fresh and spicy Pinot Noir that tastes like bottled Burgundy with a New World fruity tone. One sip of this complex and textured number and you'd think you were drinking something double the price...
With its low yields and intensely flavoured fruit, Hawke’s Bay Syrah has become highly sought after. The fruit from good sites is in short supply and it’s all thanks to Angels that I am able to get my hands on grapes for such a great price.
Red fruits coupled with the now trademark Hawke’s Bay Syrah aromas of black pepper and aniseed give this red real character, but what really stands out is the immense length of flavour it has on the finish.
I suspect that it will sell slowly initially until a few people have tasted and rated it and then it will disappear. So tuck in as there isn’t much to go round!
Rod Easthope, Winemaker