With Angel funding tucked in his back pocket, Ben has been able to cherry-pick the very best parcels from across Minervois for this all-time Naked classic.
Seriously smooth and super soft, it’s jam-packed with bags of juicy fruit flavours. You can almost taste the sunny south of France in every sip. It's hard to believe its £7.99 price tag.
Ben’s Minervois has been topping our bestseller charts for many years now, not once dipping below a 90% rating… which should tell you everything you need to know.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
- In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
- Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My family have been making wine from our family estate in the heart of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for generations.
- My Bois de la Garde is a smooth and elegant wine from the Southern Rhône. The vines are just across the road from the Châteauneuf du Pape designated appellation (same soil, just situated on the wrong side of the tracks as it were)!
- Thanks to Angel funding, we will be able to bottle a bigger volume of this wine, so that finally, more people will get to experience it. It's a real little Southern Rhône charmer, and I hope you enjoy it!
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
- Henri's Minervois beat off competition from 240 French wines to win our first Zero to Hero winemaker competition.
- This delicious Syrah/Grenache blend is bursting with Mediterranean sunshine and expensive French oak.
- We've snapped up whatever's left of it (not much), so get yours now before it's gone for good.
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.
- Ben has hand picked all the top-notch Grenache grapes in the region to go into this wine and boy can you taste it.
- Packed full of juicy fresh raspberries and strawberries with a dark delicious undercurrent of dark sweet spice.
- This wine is absolutely perfect for your Sunday roast pork. Crack it open and share with your nearest and dearest.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to leave my local Cooperative and start making my own wine from my own vineyards. My family have been in the Cooperative since it started in 1913 (my grandpa planted the vineyards) so this is the beginning of a new adventure for me and my family.
- The vineyards are in the small village of Tuchan on the Languedoc Roussillon border, surrounded by the natural countryside of wild herbs. The greedy wild boar munch their way through a fair amount of my grapes, and the low yields give a more concentrated style of wine. Your support gives me more time to work in the vineyard to produce a top quality wine for you without the stress of knowing where I am going to sell it.
- My Corbieres is made from Carignan, Grenache and Syrah from vineyards that I have owned and worked since I was 16. Some of the vineyards I planted myself too! This is a big, full bodied, intense Corbières. It is a dry wine with spice and red fruits. There is no oak ageing, so it is packed with lovely red fruits with a touch of spice and herby flavours.
Jean Marc, Winemaker
- Fleurie is one of the twelve crus of Beaujolais and probably one of the most sought after.
- Made with 100% Gamay grapes, it's a unique and feminine wine, famous for its wonderful soft, floral and fruity taste.
- My Fleurie is a beautifully smooth and silky red wine with soft red and black berry fruits.
- Katie snapped up 100 year old, lower than low-yield vines - only producing a single bottle of rich, ravishingly ripe fruit per vine - to make her sumptuous Old Vine Carignan.
- The result is a beautifully concentrated and vibrant drop, packed with juicy blueberries with a super-smoooooth and ever-so-spicy finish.
- And because your Angel funding saved Katie when she needed it most - she's made it exclusive to you - at a mere snip of what it's worth.