With Angel funding tucked in his back pocket, Ben has been able to cherry-pick the very best parcels from across Minervois for this all-time Naked classic.
Seriously smooth and super soft, it’s jam-packed with bags of juicy fruit flavours. You can almost taste the sunny south of France in every sip. It's hard to believe its £7.99 price tag.
Ben’s Minervois has been topping our bestseller charts for many years now, not once dipping below a 90% rating… which should tell you everything you need to know.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- I have always loved the Macon Rouge, and I wanted to make a wine from this area in a lighter style of red that would compliment the rest of my range.
- The grapes I've used for my Gamay are hand picked from old vines growing on the slopes. I've used a technique called cold maceration to bring out the flavour of the grapes without extracting too much tannin.
- My Gamay is a modern fruit driven style, with ripe red fruits and aromas, with a certain minerality and light rounded tannins. It's a lighter fresh style of red that really lends itself to cheeses and cold meats.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Virgile Joly is a minor genius with the Merlot grape, and he's come up trumps with this little number...
- In the mouth it's a fruit bomb of juicy red cherries and berries and, once the initial explosion settles, you are left with just a touch of wood smoke. Bloomin' lovely!
- A hunk of red meat, lots of roast potatoes, a smidge of veg (to keep mum happy) and a case of this. That's Sunday sorted.
- My family have been making wine from our family estate in the heart of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for generations.
- My Bois de la Garde is a smooth and elegant wine from the Southern Rhône. The vines are just across the road from the Châteauneuf du Pape designated appellation (same soil, just situated on the wrong side of the tracks as it were)!
- Thanks to Angel funding, we will be able to bottle a bigger volume of this wine, so that finally, more people will get to experience it. It's a real little Southern Rhône charmer, and I hope you enjoy it!
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
Gnarly, 65-year-old Grenache vines produced the stunning fruit that went into this, the Simpsons’ latest triumph of a wine.
- Hand-picked and sorted, then matured for 6 months in the highest quality French oak barrels they could get their hands on. It boasts a fabulous structure, long finish and simply oozes class.
- With juicy red fruits galore, a luscious lick of vanilla and sprinkling of white pepper, Charles and Ruth have really delivered something special here so be sure to snap it up quick smart.
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- Maury is usually known for fortified wines, but if you know where to look you can make some stonking reds from their old vines.
- When Ben got the opportunity to get a parcel of these precious grapes, he jumped on it.
- Rich, vibrant and juicy like the land the grapes are grown from. This wine will knock your socks off!
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?