- Benjamin doesn't just give you great wines - he puts 'em on the map. This beautifully crafted, majestic Minervois will take your tastebuds directly to the gloriously sunny south of France.
- 91% of you agree with us, making this one of the most popular wines we've ever had, thanks to its rich, ripe, blackcurrant and mulberry fruit bomb of flavour that explodes on your tongue.
- We went all Victor Kiam over it. Well, we didn't actually buy the company, but we bought every last bottle, so we could give you a great wine at an even better price.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
Denis carefully selected the grapes that went into this delightfully gluggable wine as only the best were fit for the job.
Two words that spring to mind with this one? Juicy and fresh. There’s an abundance of red fruit aromas to ignite the senses. We're talking strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants with a little twist of black cherries just for good measure. It’s dangerously moreish stuff.
Chêne Noir 2017 is a fantastic vintage and our lucky Angels get it at a jaw-dropping price. So if it’s value for money you’re after then look no further; Denis has the answer!
- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark and delicious.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- When we first bought the Jas de Bressy vineyards they were in a poor shape, however we were able to keep all the old vines on the estate to make this Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
- As we harvest this estate at the end of the season we are able to harvest the whole bunch of grapes without desteming, as even the stems are ripe enough at this point. The wine we end up is very concentrated and requires much longer ageing in oak.
- Our Chateau Jas de Bressy is subtle and elegant, with the sort of robust red colour and dark fruit flavours you would expect from the highest quality Châteauneuf-du-Pape. While you can drink it now, if you were to wait for 10-20 years you will be able to see the flavours fully develop.
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
- Jonathan is ridiculously talented and living in a house bordering the banks of Bordeaux. And how did he get there? By producing some of the most sensational Garagiste wines you'll ever taste.
- You'll taste the brooding, delightful depth of ripe fruit - simply packed with juicy, mouth-wateringly rich flavour. Jonathan sourced pristine fruit from outside his winery and aged it in 100% new oak, to take it from good to sublime.
- A (very famous) previous vintage of Jonathan's wine scored a whopping 100 Parker Points - and accolades just don't come any higher than that. Go and grab yourself a bottle while you can...
- Expensive tasting, expensive looking Rhone-styled Syrah... brought to you at Languedoc prices from the master of innovation, Charles Simpson.
- You might think you know Syrah - until you get your mitts on this, that is! Full of deep, complex fruits that sing from the glass, and a lingering peppery finish that'll leave you licking your lips for more.
- WARNING: You may be forced to share this moreish drop with friends or family. To avoid resentment, we suggest ordering more than one bottle!
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- Fleurie is one of the twelve crus of Beaujolais and probably one of the most sought after.
- Made with 100% Gamay grapes, it's a unique and feminine wine, famous for its wonderful soft, floral and fruity taste.
- My Fleurie is a beautifully smooth and silky red wine with soft red and black berry fruits.