- Originally trained in Bordeaux, Jean-Pascal is now an icon in Chile - where every delicious wine he touches ends up dripping in medals and critical acclaim.
- He's worked his magic on two of Chile's most popular grape varieties to create this show-stopper of a wine - especially for YOU.
- The magical mix of Angel funding, supreme winemaking and ultra-premium grapes make every last drop of his Cabernet Carmenere over-deliver.
- Carménère has become, for many people, the emblematic grape for Chile. I want to show this variety in different styles, so I made this Carmenere with no oak. It is fresh and lighter, and hopefully will appeal to lots of Angels.
- Naked wines has supported me, first by trusting in my abilities as a winemaker and secondly by providing the money that was needed to get my hands on the very best grapes.
- The Carménère has spices and juicy black fruit. It is a very expressive wine, but with great softness. My favourite pairing is with pork ribs or empanadas.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is to a mid-range supermarket wine what a monster truck is to a fiat panda. It's a big complex beast of a wine. Oh, and the guy who made it also makes one of Chile's most famous, and expensive wines.
- If you could get hold of one of his famous wines, you'd be paying over £30 a bottle. Luckily for you, you can buy his very own, non-famous, creation from us at a much more reasonable price.
- If you ever wanted to invest in a Naked wine to lay down, this is the one. Jean-Pascal's wines get even better with bottle age.
The combination of a classic variety such as Cabernet Sauvignon with Carignan is not so common to find in the world, yet the result of using a little bit of quality Chilean Carignan in the blend is beautiful.
- The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes come from right near the coast of the Pacific Ocean, and the Carignan is planted a bit more inland to enjoy the warmer weather and bring out the fruitiness of the grapes.
- It’s fruity and refreshing, has a delicate structure built on soft tannins and is a perfect choice if you are looking to try something new!
- This wine is a unique blend from old vines that will show you a different, but real, face of Chile.
- It’s a soft and gentle red that’s full of character and has notes of delicious fruits.
- The wine is easy to drink in a very friendly way, quickly inviting a second glass...or two. I hope you enjoy it Angels!
Four grape varieties from three different regions across Chile have gone into this absolute corker of a red; Cab Sauv from the Cachapoal Valley, Malbec from the Bio Bio Valley in the extreme south and Carmenere and Syrah from the Maule Valley.
The Cab Sauv forms the backbone of this wine with the Malbec bringing in a burst of fruity freshness and vibrancy. This is then rounded off beautifully by the silkiness of the Carmenere and dark fruits of the Syrah.
If you like Bordeaux blends, this wine has your name all over it! It looks posh, tastes posh, and will blow your friends away.
- Chile was made to grow Merlot - 300 days of sunshine a year, high altitude, and just the right amount of water all help to ripen the grapes to fat, juicy perfection.
- Juan is a one-man dynamo. With the help of his family and the local village he gets the job done. No consultants, no sales managers, no agents, which is why the price is so damn low.
- Generous and fruity, Juan's Merlot glows ruby red. Think blackberry compote with hints of soft pepper and coffee.
- Connie has created this absolute blockbuster of a red by combining Chile's most popular red grape varieties, Cabernet, Carmenere and Merlot.
- It's packed with big, bold, blackcurrant fruit that hits the mouth like a fruit bomb. Underneath it has a little bit of sweet, dark chocolate that gives it a delicious, mouthwatering smoothness. It's like turbo Ribena for grown ups.
- Beware. This is very drinkable stuff. Very, very drinkable. So don't be surprised if it disappears from your glass rather quickly!
- Irene makes each bottle of her ultra-premium Carmenere with hand picked grapes from her boutique winery. It's all that extra loving care that makes this wine so downright delicious.
- Sublimely silky, ravishingly rounded and ready to slip over your tongue like a Freudian theory. Think rich, dark ripe fruit with just a touch of coffee to finish... and what a lusciously long, sultry finish it is too!
- A perfect partner for a soul-warming Chilli con Carne or a wedge of your favourite strong cheese. We reckon you'll enjoy it on it's own too - and at this price, it'd be rude not to.
Since Angels rescued Jean-Pascal’s business back in the day, he’s been paying you back with this elegant top-shelf Cab. Made from the finest grapes in Chile’s Cabernet paradise, the Maule Valley.
Think pricey Bordeaux, without the pricey price tag. Creamy and elegant, with waves of black fruit. And enough complex flavours to fill an antique shop.
Matured to perfection in JP’s obscenely expensive French oak barrels, this is definitely a wine to impress your obscenely posh dinner-party mates.