- My Kimbao X is a celebration of 10 years making wines for Angels. Turns out that losing my 'nice and comfortable' job at a large Chilean winery was the best thing to ever happen to me - so thank you Angels!
- Nothing feels better than the freedom to create wonderful wines like this, for people who just love to drink it. I feel incredibly proud to be able to bring you this unique and special blend of Syrah, Cabernet, Malbec, Carmenere and Petit Verdot.
- It's an intense blend, full of ripe, juicy blackberries, raspberries and plums fruits and a hint of spice, with a rich, long finish. I hope it will take pride of place on many Christmas tables this year!
- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
- Chile was made to grow Merlot - 300 days of sunshine a year, high altitude, and just the right amount of water all help to ripen the grapes to fat, juicy perfection.
- Juan is a one-man dynamo. With the help of his family and the local village he gets the job done. No consultants, no sales managers, no agents, which is why the price is so damn low.
- Generous and fruity, Juan's Merlot glows ruby red. Think blackberry compote with hints of soft pepper and coffee.
- Originally trained in Bordeaux, Jean-Pascal is now an icon in Chile - where every delicious wine he touches ends up dripping in medals and critical acclaim.
- He's worked his magic on two of Chile's most popular grape varieties to create this show-stopper of a wine - especially for YOU.
- The magical mix of Angel funding, supreme winemaking and ultra-premium grapes make every last drop of his Cabernet Carmenere over-deliver.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- JP is the genius behind one of Chile's most famous and expensive wines but since Angels came to his rescue years ago he's been repaying you with some seriously stunning wines.
- If you could get hold of one of his famous reds, you'd be paying over £30 a bottle. Luckily for you, you can buy his very own, non-famous, creation from us at a much more reasonable price and it's a big, complex beast of a wine brimming with rich, dark fruit flavours.
- If you ever wanted to invest in a Naked wine to lay down, this is the one. JP's wines get even better with bottle age so squirrel this one away for a few years and see the magic unfold.
The combination of a classic variety such as Cabernet Sauvignon with Carignan is not so common to find in the world, yet the result of using a little bit of quality Chilean Carignan in the blend is beautiful.
- The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes come from right near the coast of the Pacific Ocean, and the Carignan is planted a bit more inland to enjoy the warmer weather and bring out the fruitiness of the grapes.
- It’s fruity and refreshing, has a delicate structure built on soft tannins and is a perfect choice if you are looking to try something new!
- JP is the icon behind one of Chile’s most famous wines. So when he called to say he’d found some ultra-premium Cabernet grapes in the Maipo Valley (the Mecca of Chilean Cab Sav), we told him to go nuts.
- Thanks to Angel funding, JP lavished the delicious nectar in the poshest French oak to make his most mouth-wateringly decadent drop yet. Rich, lush and seriously complex with bags of juicy wild berries, a touch of elegant herbs and spice and a smooth, looooong finish. It's pretty special.
- This incredible wine has all the qualities you’d expect from a truly great Cab Sav… and it’ll only get better with age (up to 2025 if you think you can wait!)
- This wine is a unique blend from old vines that will show you a different, but real, face of Chile.
- It’s a soft and gentle red that’s full of character and has notes of delicious fruits.
- The wine is easy to drink in a very friendly way, quickly inviting a second glass...or two. I hope you enjoy it Angels!
Four grape varieties from three different regions across Chile have gone into this absolute corker of a red; Cab Sauv from the Cachapoal Valley, Malbec from the Bio Bio Valley in the extreme south and Carmenere and Syrah from the Maule Valley.
The Cab Sauv forms the backbone of this wine with the Malbec bringing in a burst of fruity freshness and vibrancy. This is then rounded off beautifully by the silkiness of the Carmenere and dark fruits of the Syrah.
If you like Bordeaux blends, this wine has your name all over it! It looks posh, tastes posh, and will blow your friends away.
Since Angels rescued Jean-Pascal’s business back in the day, he’s been paying you back with this elegant Cab that's made from the finest grapes in Chile’s Cabernet paradise, the Maule Valley.
JP's rich and powerful Gran Reserva has enough blackcurrants and berries to fill a fruit pie. It’s refined and elegant, with lovely oaky notes, liquorice and spice. The finish is long, intense and comforting.
Matured to perfection in JP’s plush French oak barrels, this is definitely a wine to impress your dinner party guests.