Being a big producer, Alessandro has access to some amazing parcels of grapes. This Prosecco is his pride and joy.
Crisp apples, soft pear and a bright citrus zing make it a stonking match with seafood. And at pretty much less than half the price of a bottle of traditional Champagne it's top value.
To give you an idea of how insanely good it is, we're looking around the office and we can see more empty bottles of it than modesty allows us to admit...
- There’s no doubt that Paolo is a bit of a genius when it comes to working with bubbles, and this lightly sparkling delight is proof if ever you needed it.
- It's Frizzante, which means rather than a full on bubble blow out we're talking lightly sparkling, in other words a nice soft tingle on the tongue, with all the delicious flavours of a juicy punnet of strawberries.
- This is the perfect aperitif. Hell, it's perfect anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
- Cava gets a bad rep. But this stuff’ll change your opinion for good.
- We couldn't be prouder of the grapey, apple laden fist of fizziness that Franck's delicious Cava punches out with every mouthful.
- Best of all Angels get it a ridiculously low price, allowing you to splash out on a little hot-smoked salmon alongside it.
- If you've not tried a lightly sparkling Moscato before, then you cannot start with a better example than this. Magnificent and only 7% ABV because not all the sugar is converted to alcohol.
- Worry not about the sweetness however. Whilst it does taste sweet in the mouth, it has a wonderful zippy, racy zing to it, that offsets the sugar. It's a little bit like drinking liquid lemon sorbet and just as bloomin' refreshing when served nice and chilled.
- Winemaker Paolo recommends it with cake of all kinds. We agree!!!