Let the ratings speak for themselves. The Hacienda range is easily the most popular Rioja we stock!
Rodolfo is dripping in medals and awards for his wine skills and he makes sure to save all of his best stuff for Angels.
His Winemaker's Choice Rioja is bursting with bright strawberry flavours with a slightly spicy finish - a classic Rioja. Soft, smooth and mellow, and unbeatable value for money.
Cool nights on the slopes of Monte Agudo in southern Rioja meant Tom’s grapes could ripen nice and slowly to help bring about this fruity, juicy delight.
- It’s not only Tempranillo that has gone into his Flor de Luna though. Tom added in a smidge of Grenache to amp up the fruitiness (think red berries and fresh raspberries) as well as a drop of Viura for that elegant dash of pears and nectarines.
- If you like your Beaujolais reds and wines from the southern Rhone then pop this in your basket quick smart… it’s your chance to taste a traditional Rioja blend, made the traditional Rioja way.
- Rodolfo is a wonderful winemaker - yep, he has talent coming out of his ears, but he's also a very good listener. This wine is the delicious culmination of your funding, your comments and Rodolfo's know-how - and between you, you've done a fantastic job.
- Every mouthful is brimming with fresh, ripe dark fruits and hints of savoury warming black pepper. Rodolfo has let this wine rest for the optimum time in oak barrels to give it a gorgeously creamy finish - with just a dash of caramel and cedar wood for that extra 'WOW'.
- This wine is complex enough to lay down and enjoy in 10 years' time. But honestly? When a bottle like this adorns your wine rack, you'll be tempted to just get stuck in.
- This is quite possibly the tastiest Rioja you'll ever find. Why? Because Carlos is in the unique position of being able to buy the best grapes the region has to offer.
- What you probably don't know is, to make Rioja Reserva only the very last squeeze of juice is used. The result is 100% flavour.
- Rich, smooth and creamy. Drinking this is like putting on a set of silk pyjamas.
- Rodolfo's great love in life is making Rioja for his Angels. Your funding helped him to nab some pristine grapes from the super-premium Alta region to make a seriously smooth Rioja.
- His cracking Crianza is aged in oak for 14 months to create a ravishingly rich drop with an elegant, silky finish. It's dripping with opulence and punches waaay above its price tag.
- A wine that looks and tastes this good should cost you a pretty penny. Luckily for you, this is a steal at the price. Grab yourself some affordable decadence while you can.
- This wine is halfway between a classical Crianza and a more modern style. David can’t resist putting his little twist on this delicious wine.
- Chock full of ripe blackcurrants, black cherries and bramble fruit with a touch of subtle sweet spices like vanilla, cloves and cinnamon from the 12 months spent ageing in oak.
- David pairs this wine with your Sunday roast beef. Rich, complex and elegant, it will take that special Sunday lunch to the next level.
- Rodolfo puts a lot of effort into his winemaking, especially his Gran Reservas. These are effectively his crown jewels, and he protects, nurtures and lavishes them with love.
- In Rioja, they don’t allow any old wine to be called Gran Reserva. Some of the strictest wine rules in the world ensure its consistent quality. Only a select list of grapes can go into it. The grapes have to be high quality, and the wine aged for a minimum period to earn the Gran Reserva classification.
- Rodolfo's top drop has been aged in wood for years, you know it the moment you smell its smoky vanilla nose. But when the wine hits your tongue it's all about the powerful, black cherry and raspberry fruits and the long lingering finish.
- The Montsant region is still an under-rated region in Spain, which is fortunate for me as I have access to amazingly healthy and high quality grapes for an excellent price. Thanks to Angel funding I can pay in advance for the grapes and the wine, which means no extra margin for the bank!
- My Vinya Cucut is made using a hand picked selection of grapes from old vines that are on average at least 50 years old. We select the best grapes from the vineyard, which then go onto a sorting table for further selection.
- Gentle extraction of the tannins after fermentation followed by a minimum of 6 months in barrel and bottle give a wonderful balance between the tannin and the spicy fruit flavours, so you end up with a mouth-watering finish each time.
- Carlos used Angel funding to snap up a parcel of top-notch grapes that would have otherwise been lost into a Rioja blend... and make this mouth-watering single vineyard Rioja Graciano exclusively for you!
- If you love Rioja this is a MUST try, with mouthwateringly ripe fruit and bags of character. Carlos has given Graciano a chance to shine, and boy does it shine!
- To get the best out of this wine, Carlos recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking.
- The juice in this delicious bottle is absolutely stunning, evoking all the grandeur and grace that you'd expect from top notch Tempranillo - with delicious soft, smooth, strawberry fruits and a great big whack of creamy vanilla oak!
- Winemaker Rodolfo Bastida produced the Best Spanish Red at the IWSC last year and has made this wine exclusively for us!
- Pretty sure 94% of you can't be wrong if you say you'd buy it again. We know we will be.