Back door wines are top notch wines sold off by prestigious wineries for rock-bottom prices in exchange for complete secrecy so we can’t tell you which vineyard this is from, but we can tell you it’s famous neighbours include Rioja and Ribera del Duero...
- It’s been barrel aged to perfection using the same plush barrels as super posh Reserva wines do and boasts ripe berry aromas, typical of Tempranillo grapes, and a complex bouquet of delicate spices and hints of vanilla.
Tuck into this fresh yet full bodied, velvety smooth red and savoury every second of that long, luxurious finish, safe in the knowledge you're drinking a top-quality wine without having paid the hefty price tag!
- The Montsant region is still an under-rated region in Spain, which is fortunate for me as I have access to amazingly healthy and high quality grapes for an excellent price. Thanks to Angel funding I can pay in advance for the grapes and the wine, which means no extra margin for the bank!
- My Vinya Cucut is made using a hand picked selection of grapes from old vines that are on average at least 50 years old. We select the best grapes from the vineyard, which then go onto a sorting table for further selection.
- Gentle extraction of the tannins after fermentation followed by a minimum of 6 months in barrel and bottle give a wonderful balance between the tannin and the spicy fruit flavours, so you end up with a mouth-watering finish each time.
- Meet Norrel, our Flying Scotsman of the wine world... who just happens to be the one of the very few Masters of Wine living and working in Spain! With your Angel funding and Norrel's know-how, he was able to source you the best grapes that sun-soaked Campo de Borja can offer.
- Norrel took advantage of some local old vines to give your wine complex, rich intensity. Packed full of lightly spiced, super-juicy red fruits, and sumptuously soft 'n' smooth tannins.
- Thanks to your funding, you're getting a top-notch wine for peanuts - and did we mention, it's made by a Master of Wine? Grab yourself a bottle, while you can, and try it with some ravishing slow roasted lamb
- Carlos used Angel funding to snap up a parcel of top-notch grapes that would have otherwise been lost into a Rioja blend... and make this mouth-watering single vineyard Rioja Graciano exclusively for you!
- If you love Rioja this is a MUST try, with mouthwateringly ripe fruit and bags of character. Carlos has given Graciano a chance to shine, and boy does it shine!
- To get the best out of this wine, Carlos recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking.