- Mario Negreiros sells much of his grapes for port production - but he keeps the best back to make this stunning red.
- Think of a freshly picked black cherry - that's it with a little bit of black pepper and a hint of dark chocolate. All in all a moreish wine that keeps you coming back for one last sip.
- This wine is highly recommended with 'Beef Cozido à Portuguesa' which is a tasty, rich beef stew - or hot pot as we like to say in the good old fashioned UK.
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- To get the best out of this wine, Mario recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking... why not add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order?
- Exciting new wine from a traditional Port making family, this is a deliciously easy, approachable wine that has some hidden depths.
- Oscar and his sister Claudia, the winemakers, originally made this wine just for their friends...but found it was so good they decided they needed to share it with us too! For which we are very grateful indeed.
- It might slip down easily, but it needs food to show its best. Try it with a duck breast, pan fried, and crisp roast potato wedges to help it hit its stride.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 90% of those who've tried it have been hooked.