- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- Beautifully smooth, juicy and easy-drinking - a unique blend of traditional Portuguese grapes with an added Cabernet kick.
- The vineyard is so close to the beautiful city of Lisbon that no-one thought of looking there... until now.
- Ripe and juicy fruits on the nose with a smooth and sumptuous mouthfeel, all wrapped up with a lingering velvet finish. Portuguese perfection.
- Mario Negreiros sells much of his grapes for port production - but he keeps the best back to make this stunning red.
- Think of a freshly picked black cherry - that's it with a little bit of black pepper and a hint of dark chocolate. All in all a moreish wine that keeps you coming back for one last sip.
- This wine is highly recommended with 'Beef Cozido à Portuguesa' which is a tasty, rich beef stew - or hot pot as we like to say in the good old fashioned UK.
- Exciting new wine from a traditional Port making family, this is a deliciously easy, approachable wine that has some hidden depths.
- Oscar and his sister Claudia, the winemakers, originally made this wine just for their friends...but found it was so good they decided they needed to share it with us too! For which we are very grateful indeed.
- It might slip down easily, but it needs food to show its best. Try it with a duck breast, pan fried, and crisp roast potato wedges to help it hit its stride.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 93% of those who've tried it have been hooked.