- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- My family have been making wine from our family estate in the heart of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for generations.
- My Bois de la Garde is a smooth and elegant wine from the Southern Rhône. The vines are just across the road from the Châteauneuf du Pape designated appellation (same soil, just situated on the wrong side of the tracks as it were)!
- Thanks to Angel funding, we will be able to bottle a bigger volume of this wine, so that finally, more people will get to experience it. It's a real little Southern Rhône charmer, and I hope you enjoy it!
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
Charles and Ruth love Merlot and they love a good Merlot even more. And this is just that. They took these hand selected top notch Merlot grapes from their sun drenched vineyards in Saint Rose and made another corking wine.
All that Southern French sunshine is what Merlot needs to make this stunningly full bodied, velvety drop just bursting with plummy fruit with a touch of chocolate.
This rich and fruity red is just right with any mediterranean-style food from antipasti to ratatouille with every shade of pasta in between.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Charles and Ruth, our English lovelies in the Languedoc, have made this fabulous French number to bring all the best bits of the old and new world together. And the best bit? It's exclusive to YOU.
- Brimming with sensationally smooth ripe fruit, made all the more balanced with a subtle savoury pepper kick. Top that off with a brooding, earthy finish and the sexy smoulder of tobacco for a wine that's always as classy as it is tasty.
- Your Angel funding made this wine possible, which is why you'll only pay what it's worth - and not a penny more. Cracking with any good slab of red meat you care to lay your hands on - and when the wine is this versatile, you can be as experimental as you like!
- When Leicester girl Katie Jones went to France on holiday 20 years ago and ended up working in a wine co-operative, she had no idea it would be the start of a marriage made in heaven. Katie married the love of her life, local winemaker Jean-Marc.
- Me & Monsieur Jones is the fruit of Katie’s and Jean-Marc’s marriage – a delicious blend of Grenache grapes from his vineyard and old vine Carignan from hers.
- This fruit-packed, lightly-spiced bundle of red loveliness will cope with anything your outdoor summer frolics are likely to throw at it, from a big plate of sizzling bangers to all those swanky dishes full of pasta and posh-sounding herbs.
- This prestigious Bordeaux is sourced from some of the best Grand Cru vineyards of St Emilion, and finished by winemaking wizard Jonathan Maltus.
- Concentrated yet elegant, generous but silky soft, and as proudly plush as they come, thanks to ageing in no expense spared French Oak barrels.
- This is the seeeriously good stuff that you won't want to share. We suggest grabbing yourself a bottle and booking yourself an evening with a good film, and a better cheese board. You won't be disappointed.
- Expensive tasting, expensive looking Rhone-styled Syrah... brought to you at Languedoc prices from the master of innovation, Charles Simpson.
- You might think you know Syrah - until you get your mitts on this, that is! Full of deep, complex fruits that sing from the glass, and a lingering peppery finish that'll leave you licking your lips for more.
- WARNING: You may be forced to share this moreish drop with friends or family. To avoid resentment, we suggest ordering more than one bottle!
The grapes for this wine come from vineyards that I have been growing for a very long time. I do everything by hand – pruning, working the soil and harvesting to create a beautiful environment for our vines to grow.
It’s a delicious blend of Grenache and Syrah with some Carignan and Cinsault. It’s very fruity, with juicy cherries, red fruits and blackberries and Mediterranean spices with a silky finish.
This was the last vintage of Le Joly Rouge that we made in our old winery - the next one will be made in our brand new winery - all thanks to you! By buying this wine you have helped me to empty my tanks for moving to my new winery - I really appreciate the support.
Pierre's namesake is a masterclass in elegant French winemaking – and the perfect match with an oooozing Brie.
It begins with cinnamon and spice on the nose… then pow! The mouth is all jammy red fruit, with a splash of vanilla and mellow French oak to finish.
You could buy yourself a £20 Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Or you could buy this, close your eyes and be none the wiser.