WE'RE NOT SURE
- Virgile Joly is a minor genius with the Merlot grape, and he's come up trumps with this little number...
- In the mouth it's a fruit bomb of juicy red cherries and berries and, once the initial explosion settles, you are left with just a touch of wood smoke. Bloomin' lovely!
- A hunk of red meat, lots of roast potatoes, a smidge of veg (to keep mum happy) and a case of this. That's Sunday sorted.
- My family have been making wine from our family estate in the heart of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for generations.
- My Bois de la Garde is a smooth and elegant wine from the Southern Rhône. The vines are just across the road from the Châteauneuf du Pape designated appellation (same soil, just situated on the wrong side of the tracks as it were)!
- Thanks to Angel funding, we will be able to bottle a bigger volume of this wine, so that finally, more people will get to experience it. It's a real little Southern Rhône charmer, and I hope you enjoy it!
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
Gnarly, 65-year-old Grenache vines produced the stunning fruit that went into this, the Simpsons’ latest triumph of a wine.
- Hand-picked and sorted, then matured for 6 months in the highest quality French oak barrels they could get their hands on. It boasts a fabulous structure, long finish and simply oozes class.
- With juicy red fruits galore, a luscious lick of vanilla and sprinkling of white pepper, Charles and Ruth have really delivered something special here so be sure to snap it up quick smart.
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
Charles and Ruth love Merlot and they love a good Merlot even more. And this is just that. They took these hand selected top notch Merlot grapes from their sun drenched vineyards in Saint Rose and made another corking wine.
All that Southern French sunshine is what Merlot needs to make this stunningly full bodied, velvety drop just bursting with plummy fruit with a touch of chocolate.
This rich and fruity red is just right with any mediterranean-style food from antipasti to ratatouille with every shade of pasta in between.
- From grape to glass, this is one wine Bordeaux fans won’t want to miss! It’s scooped up awards galore over the years and is drinking perfectly right now which is why we made sure we got our hands on it.
- Grapes from 30 year old vines and two years in plush oak barrels bring great structure, balance and elegance to this soft, silky and intensely fruity red.
- This is one of our Marketplace gems. That means there’s no fairytale story to tell, it’s just a great wine that was too good not to share. Marketplace wines are one-off wonders and once they’re gone, they’re gone so make sure you get your hands on this one before it’s too late!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Katie carefully selected her vines from the sunny, south-facing lower slopes of the Black Mountain where she has put Angel funding to excellent use.
This easy-drinking red boasts simply sublime flavours of cherries and blackberries, coupled with a superb structure which makes it an utter delight to drink, but don’t just take our word for it…!
It’s the 2015 vintage meaning it has already aged nicely, so all you need to do now is pour a glass and savour every sip.
- Expensive tasting, expensive looking Rhone-styled Syrah... brought to you at Languedoc prices from the master of innovation, Charles Simpson.
- You might think you know Syrah - until you get your mitts on this, that is! Full of deep, complex fruits that sing from the glass, and a lingering peppery finish that'll leave you licking your lips for more.
- WARNING: You may be forced to share this moreish drop with friends or family. To avoid resentment, we suggest ordering more than one bottle!
- What 4th generation winemaker Pierre doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing. He just seems to have the knack of making feel-good wine at a rock 'n' roll price.
- Pierre's Merlot is a treat - Seriously full-bodied with ripe fruits and a velvety finish. And thanks to Angel funding the price is sweet too!
- This is the perfect mid-week glugger. It'll go with everything from roast chicken to spag bol.