WE'RE NOT SURE
- Sam spent years making his name as the star of Aussie Shiraz, winning heaps of prestigious medals and the Best Shiraz in Australia trophy in the process.
- Thanks to Angel funding, he’s now running a shiny winery of his own. And stunning gems like this Reserve Shiraz are his way of saying thank you!
- Deliciously juicy, spicy and smooth, it’s made using the very best grapes he could get his rock–star hands on.
- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark and delicious.
Before we discovered him, Dom spent 20 years making legendary wines for prestigious labels around the world. Now thanks to your funding and his contacts, he’s able to return to those special vineyards to make his own unique wines.
Made from ancient Nero D’Avola vines in Sicily’s volcanic soils. The grapes are hand picked in tiny volumes then aged in plush French oak barrels for over a year.
Dom’s inky deep Terra Nera is bursting with spicy dark fruits, peppery notes and a long, lingering finish. A unique wine, hard to find anywhere.
Four grape varieties from three different regions across Chile have gone into this absolute corker of a red; Cab Sauv from the Cachapoal Valley, Malbec from the Bio Bio Valley in the extreme south and Carmenere and Syrah from the Maule Valley.
The Cab Sauv forms the backbone of this wine with the Malbec bringing in a burst of fruity freshness and vibrancy. This is then rounded off beautifully by the silkiness of the Carmenere and dark fruits of the Syrah.
If you like Bordeaux blends, this wine has your name all over it! It looks posh, tastes posh, and will blow your friends away.
- It’s all thanks to Angel funding that David was able to begin his solo winemaking adventure and he couldn’t be more grateful! Crowned Spanish Winemaker of the Year in 2015 and 2017, it’s obvious this guy means business and he pours all his experience and passion into every wine he makes.
Sourcing the perfect Monastrell grapes for his brand new La Nymphina was David’s main focus and he found them on 40 year old vines situated high up where the hot days and cool nights give grapes longer to ripen.
- It’s a rich, juicy red with a luscious lick of spice thanks to 6 months spent in French oak barrels. In David’s own words, ‘whether for everyday dining or dinner parties with wine savvy friends, La Nymphina Monastrell will deliver and not disappoint’. We couldn’t agree more!
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.
- I have always wanted to make an all-inclusive, five varietal Bordeaux Blend, but never had the access to all five varieties - that is until this year! I stumbled upon a few gems in some special vineyards, and I could not resist the challenge to make this wine.
- This wine was born as an idea and only made a reality by the funds raised by the Angels. Thank you Naked Wines and Angels for making this amazing wine possible.
- On the nose there are black berries, black cherry pie filling, cedar and some mild coffee notes. The palate is packed with layered fruit, oak complexities evolving to a finely grained tannin and juicy fruity finish.
Luca’s ruby red blend of Carignan and Grenache comes from gnarly 80-year old vines in the rolling hills of the Maule Valley.
Luca aims to produce wines that are as natural as possible, that really express the grapes and the place they were grown.
Dark and rich, Luca’s Sabatico has nice smooth tannins with years of ageing potential ahead of it. If you like characterful Spanish reds like Priorat or Montsant you’ll love this
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- The Montsant region is still an under-rated region in Spain, which is fortunate for me as I have access to amazingly healthy and high quality grapes for an excellent price. Thanks to Angel funding I can pay in advance for the grapes and the wine, which means no extra margin for the bank!
- My Vinya Cucut is made using a hand picked selection of grapes from old vines that are on average at least 50 years old. We select the best grapes from the vineyard, which then go onto a sorting table for further selection.
- Gentle extraction of the tannins after fermentation followed by a minimum of 6 months in barrel and bottle give a wonderful balance between the tannin and the spicy fruit flavours, so you end up with a mouth-watering finish each time.