- When Mauricio hinted he might have access to some super special Petit Verdot grapes from the Uco Valley, we had to jump at the chance.
- Hand-harvested and specially selected for Angels, this wine has been made with all of Mauricio's talent and finesse.
- Deep violet-red in the glass and bursting full of blackberries, blueberries and violets, with just a dash of cocoa. Delicious.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We are whipping out the big guns and that starts with this show stopping Top Shelf Cabernet Merlot from Stuart Pym.
- The nose is rich and complex with fresh fruit impacts of lifted red and blue berries, damask plum and hints of cassis. This is all floating with subtle cedary notes from the French Oak.
- A rich lush wine of profound generosity, yet a retained sense of elegance with every sip. Mulberries, plums and blackberries enchant with every sip. The Merlot creates a perfect wine to drink now and combined with the Cabernet Sauvignon packs in tannins making it perfect to lay down for a few years too (if you can resist).
Four grape varieties from three different regions across Chile have gone into this absolute corker of a red; Cab Sauv from the Cachapoal Valley, Malbec from the Bio Bio Valley in the extreme south and Carmenere and Syrah from the Maule Valley.
The Cab Sauv forms the backbone of this wine with the Malbec bringing in a burst of fruity freshness and vibrancy. This is then rounded off beautifully by the silkiness of the Carmenere and dark fruits of the Syrah.
If you like Bordeaux blends, this wine has your name all over it! It looks posh, tastes posh, and will blow your friends away.
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.
Luca’s ruby red blend of Carignan and Grenache comes from gnarly 80-year old vines in the rolling hills of the Maule Valley.
Luca aims to produce wines that are as natural as possible, that really express the grapes and the place they were grown.
Dark and rich, Luca’s Sabatico has nice smooth tannins with years of ageing potential ahead of it. If you like characterful Spanish reds like Priorat or Montsant you’ll love this
- This prestigious Bordeaux is sourced from some of the best Grand Cru vineyards of St Emilion, and finished by winemaking wizard Jonathan Maltus.
- Concentrated yet elegant, generous but silky soft, and as proudly plush as they come, thanks to ageing in no expense spared French Oak barrels.
- This is the seeeriously good stuff that you won't want to share. We suggest grabbing yourself a bottle and booking yourself an evening with a good film, and a better cheese board. You won't be disappointed.
Luca’s Telurico is a real stunner. It’s made from 80 year old vines, carefully hand harvested, aged in French oak barrels and simply oozes quality.
- Intense deep ruby red in colour, its aromas ignite the sense immediately. Think kirsch and blueberry jam that develop into sumptuous nutmeg and cedar notes! It’s a juicy, mouth-watering delight with a fabulously long finish that is sure to impress.
By all means drink it up now but Luca says this one will also stand the test of time beautifully. We’re talking 10, 20 years easily…!
- Meet Norrel, our Flying Scotsman of the wine world... who just happens to be the one of the very few Masters of Wine living and working in Spain! With your Angel funding and Norrel's know-how, he was able to source you the best grapes that sun-soaked Campo de Borja can offer.
- Norrel took advantage of some local old vines to give your wine complex, rich intensity. Packed full of lightly spiced, super-juicy red fruits, and sumptuously soft 'n' smooth tannins.
- Thanks to your funding, you're getting a top-notch wine for peanuts - and did we mention, it's made by a Master of Wine? Grab yourself a bottle, while you can, and try it with some ravishing slow roasted lamb