- Stephen's first Naked Chardonnay is pure summer-in-a-bottle thanks to the golden South African sunshine.
- Think layer-upon-layer of fresh citrus fruit, smooth vanilla and a sublime streak of buttery oak running naked through it. The perfect balance between rich and vibrant.
- And because your Angel funding made Stephen's dreams come true - it's superb value to boot!
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that 2018 was a small but fantastic vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
- Leading the revolution for a new, modern style of wine, Stephen's Californian Chardonnay will have Chablis producers weeping with envy.
- This is as bright and refreshing as Chardonnay comes, with a dollop of Californian sunshine for extra oomph.
- Stephen recommends you grab yourself a fat tuna steak and go wild!
- Burgundy has always been one of my favourite regions to work in. My Saint Veran and Pouilly Fuisse are both from the region, and I have always dreamed of making a Macon Villages.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to secure some old Chardonnay vines on the slopes of Macon that were perfect for a traditional style white, with no oak influence, that really shows what this appellation can do.
- My Macon Villages is a lighter, refreshing style, with a fresh citrus aroma, clean acidity and a creamy finish.
- I first started working in the Yarra Valley over 10 years ago - I've always loved this region for its cooler climate and spectacular beauty. It is has the ideal conditions for producing elegant, balanced, and complex Chardonnay.
- Having the opportunity to make a Chardonnay for Angels in a style that I love to drink, grown by a few premium grape growers that I respect deeply, was an opportunity too good to pass up!
- My Brave Goose Chardonnay is lifted and aromatic, jumping out of the glass with notes of creamy lemon curd, fresh peach and cashew. The palate is both generous and elegant, with layers of complexity from the fruit characters and subtle touch of oak
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
- I believe that there is no greater translator of terroir than Chardonnay. I think this shows off my style of winemaking perfectly, I just had to share this wine with you.
- Chardonnay grapes and the cost of barrels make it difficult to grow the volumes. When I heard there was an opportunity for a new Chardonnay in Naked Wines’ range I couldn't resist putting this wine together for the Angels. Thank you Angels and Naked for believing in me and helping me fund this awesome Chardonnay.
- Light gold in colour with a green tinge, on the nose there is complex citrus, green apples and pears followed by a light toasty character from the 30% new French Oak. These flavours integrate on a seemless, well balanced palate with a butterscotch, citrus mineral finish.
- Gisborne is the spiritual home for Chardonnay in New Zealand - producing delicious, top quality Chardonnay. But the fascination for Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc has meant that smaller growers in Gisborne have struggled, which is a real shame.
- The 2014 Winemaker of The Year competition gave me the opportunity to pitch this reinvention of Gisborne Chardonnay. Thankfully, in a very close run vote, I secured that opportunity and the funding to make it a reality!
- Unlike the big and heavy Chardonnay of yesteryear, my Gisborne Chardonnay has bags of freshness and vitality, with white peach and brioche flavours. A small amount of new French oak was used, and a portion was matured in concrete egg shaped tanks - giving lovely flint and earth notes. I hope you love it!
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- Stephen's made many amazing wines for us, but we really couldn't believe this Viognier when we tasted it!
- Viognier is the Rhone's white wine gift to the wine world. This little Californian number is off the beaten path but it's a sensational wine at a very un-Rhone price.
- Serve it deliciously cold and this zingy, peaches & cream dream, will keep you and your friends refreshed all year 'round!
- Nina’s Brave Goose Vineyard is tucked away in the foothills of the Tallarook ranges in Central Victoria and the grapes for this wine are from the vineyard that her parents planted over 30 years ago in 1987!
- Nina had an inkling that the elegant and aromatic fruit would be perfect for barrel fermentation. So she carefully hand-picked and delicately pressed the grapes to bring Angels this complex and refined wine.
- In her own words ''in many ways this is the perfect white. It’s not as sharp or acidic as a Pinot Grigio, or as buttery and overpowering as a Chardonnay. It’s vibrant, elegant and refined, with lovely apricot, orange blossom, peach and lemon notes.” We couldn't have put it better ourselves, Nina.