- This appellation is famed in Burgundy, it is one that I have always loved. The winery where I make my Saint Veran, has a small parcel of Pouilly Fuisse vineyards close by and I was able to secure this small parcel especially for myself and Naked Wines.
- By giving me support and letting me look out for new projects and special vineyards, I am able to commit to making wines, confident that the Naked Angels will love them.
- This is a creamy, buttery Burgundy that boasts a rich dollop of lemon curd to round it off perfectly with and is a wine that will age well over the next few years.
- My wife Emma and I are both fanatical about Chardonnay, but Emma takes her obsession to another level. Our home vineyard has Chardonnay planted closest to our house so Emma can pull the curtains and see the vines in the morning!
- When we got the chance to make this top-end Hawke's Bay Chardonnay for Angels, it made sense for it to be Emma’s baby. She’s given it the real prestige Chardonnay treatment from vineyard to winery.
- This is proper grown up Chardonnay modelled on the best vintages from Burgundy. It’s bristling with character, texture and richness with juicy white peach flavours and vanilla notes. All balanced by a succulent cool-climate acidity which cuts through, giving the wine levity and freshness.
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer Réserve has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My Premier Cru Mont de Milieu Chablis is from 25 year old, South-facing vineyards. The grapes are grown on limestone soils where we carefully prune the vines to ensure that the yields and terroir effect are optimised.
- Thanks to Naked Wines funding, we were able to buy the new oak barrels and gain access to the high quality grapes that I've used to create this wine for the Angels.
- This Chablis is a remarkable combination of refreshment and longevity, with delicate floral notes, a dense, round feel and exceptional minerality. It's a rich and powerful wine that is delicious now, however it will develop further in bottle for more than a decade if stored correctly.