- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that 2018 was a small but fantastic vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
- Burgundy has always been one of my favourite regions to work in. My Saint Veran and Pouilly Fuisse are both from the region, and I have always dreamed of making a Macon Villages.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to secure some old Chardonnay vines on the slopes of Macon that were perfect for a traditional style white, with no oak influence, that really shows what this appellation can do.
- My Macon Villages is a lighter, refreshing style, with a fresh citrus aroma, clean acidity and a creamy finish.
- This is an intensely elegant Chardonnay that tastes so good we were worried we couldn't afford it.
- These vines are literally meters away from 1st cru vines. Esoteric Burgundian classifications from centuries ago mean that this fruit is going to cost a fraction of the price even though it delivers the same intensity and elegance of the neighboring Montagny Cru vines.
- If you want to know what expensive French white Burgundy tastes like, this is your chance to find out without breaking the bank.
- Macon Uchizy is one of the lesser known whites from Burgundy, but that's good news, because it means it doesn't cost as much as some of its pricier bedfellows from the region and therefore delivers great value.
- If you are a Chablis lover then this is one for you. It's a bone dry Chardonnay with a lovely minerality and a nice zing to the finish.
- It's a great partner for shellfish, but equally brilliant with more meaty fish dishes, such as monkfish or tuna.
- Dom makes this wine with hand-picked grapes, just around the corner from the Pouilly Fuisse appellation. Expensive tasting shouldn't mean expensive price tag, and this Chardonnay is the proof.
- Ripe, fresh apricots blend seamlessly with a long, smooth oaked finish for a real class act of a wine. This is a journey for your taste buds, and we recommend a season ticket
- This is how Chardonnay was always supposed to taste. Grab a bowl of warming, creamy risotto and toast yourself for trying something new
WE'RE NOT SURE
- A rich, elegant Chard that still has a beautiful minerality to it with a clean citrus lift.
- Taste this wine blind and you'd guess Chablis, but open your eyes and you'll see a much smaller price tag.
- Thousands of Angels tasted this wine before it was even bottled and you'll want to grab some before those Angels empty our stock entirely.
- Charles and Ruth are the masters of giving grapes all the love and expertise they need to be elevated into super-stardom. This is pure, 100% unadulterated Roussanne that's been allowed to strut its stuff - and in a word, it's delicious.
- Rich and rounded, creamy and decadent, with a subtle kiss of the finest French oak money can buy. It'll slip over your taste buds beautifully with its savoury supple fruit, and slip down your throat very easily indeed...
- Usually, this grape would be hidden away in ultra-premium Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Thanks to YOUR funding, Charles can finally showcase just how good this grape can be - without the super-size price tag. Snap up a bottle and try it with crab ravioli for a meal that you'll really want to write home about.
- This appellation is famed in Burgundy, it is one that I have always loved. The winery where I make my Saint Veran, has a small parcel of Pouilly Fuisse vineyards close by and I was able to secure this small parcel especially for myself and Naked Wines.
- By giving me support and letting me look out for new projects and special vineyards, I am able to commit to making wines, confident that the Naked Angels will love them.
- This is a creamy, buttery Burgundy that boasts a rich dollop of lemon curd to round it off perfectly with and is a wine that will age well over the next few years.
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer Réserve has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.
- My Premier Cru Mont de Milieu Chablis is from 25 year old, South-facing vineyards. The grapes are grown on limestone soils where we carefully prune the vines to ensure that the yields and terroir effect are optimised.
- Thanks to Naked Wines funding, we were able to buy the new oak barrels and gain access to the high quality grapes that I've used to create this wine for the Angels.
- This Chablis is a remarkable combination of refreshment and longevity, with delicate floral notes, a dense, round feel and exceptional minerality. It's a rich and powerful wine that is delicious now, however it will develop further in bottle for more than a decade if stored correctly.