- Fresh and fruity with a delicate zing and swirl of creaminess, Ben's Viognier has everything you'd want from a white wine.
- Naked legend, Ben, sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- Served perfectly chilled, Ben's zingy, peaches and cream dream will keep you refreshed all year round.
- From some of the oldest vines in Santa Barbara County comes Rick’s deliciously crisp and fruity drop...
- He's been a winemaker in California for many years and knows the land like the back of his hand so you can bet only the best grapes have gone into this beautiful blend.
- Packed full of mouth-watering lemon, pear and ripe peach flavours and boasting a long, lingering finish - everything points to it becoming a firm favourite from across the pond!
- You may not have heard of the Pecorino grape before - that's because the Italians tend to hog it all to themselves!
- Luckily our Christian's a very well-connected chap. He pulled a few strings to secure a cracking deal on a parcel of pristine Pecorino grapes. And you voted in your hundreds to give him the Angel funding to make a jaw-dropper of a white.
- Imagine the pure gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio, with the fruity zing of a Sauvignon Blanc – it manages to pull off the amazing trick of being flavoursome, yet super-crisp at the same time.
- The white wines of this area are greatly underrated. So when your continued support enabled me to purchase a couple of vineyards of Grenache Gris (which is pretty rare) and Grenache Blanc in my village of Tuchan... I jumped straight in!
- The vines are over 80 years old and I had had my eye on them for a while. Most white vineyards have been ripped up down here as it is predominantly a red wine producing area so I was pretty lucky to get in there before the digger did!
- The result is a wine that is elegantly fruity but not overpowering - it is subtle and sophisticated with a great freshness and should be drunk just below room temperature to allow the full flavours to develop. I hope you enjoy it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Katie is the epitome of a Naked success story! Years after vandals left her small business down the drain she is moving along at full steam ahead and the opportunities in front of her just wouldn't have been possible without your support.
- Katie LOVES drinking Sauvignon - so when she told us about her plans to secure some top-notch Sauvignon fruit in the vineyards of Narbonne - we didn't hesitate to jump in with Angel funding to make it happen.
- A squeeze of southern French sunshine has taken this drop to the next level. Imagine the clean crispness of a Loire Sauvignon mixed with the ripe, rounded fruits of a Kiwi Sauvignon... it's unbelievable quality for the price.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Chenin Blanc is becoming more and more fashionable as a grape variety as it offers so many different styles of wines from dry to sweet as well as sparkling. ‘Les Charmes’ is what we call a dry wine (sec) and is a perfect example of the fruity freshness of our Chenin grapes.
The first flavours and aromas you feel are fresh fruits like peach, pear and some citrus. The wine is quite long on the palate, very easy to drink and perfect to share with friends and family.
Thanks to our relationship with Naked Wines over the years, we have had the opportunity to improve our equipment so in 2018 we bought some small stainless steel tanks which has allowed us to be even more precise with our blends.
Cyril and Catherine, Winemakers
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.