WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- Charles is an Englishman in France breaking the rules - so when the locals say you can't make zippy Sauvignon, he went out to prove them wrong.
- In a previous life he worked in pharmaceuticals - now he takes a scientific approach to getting the best from his grapes. While the French are still on holiday in August, Charles is busy in the fields measuring and monitoring to get the best out of his vines.
- Bright and deliciously zippy citrus fruits with bunches of crisp green apples. Grab yourself some fresh shellfish and go nuts.
- Soave is a historic wine that has been made for generations. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to show Angels that Soave made with passion can be truly spectacular.
- The grapes for my Soave are grown in volcanic soil situated 150-200 metres above sea level. The very best grapes are hand picked in the vineyards. The result is a beautiful straw colour wine, with hints of peach, pear, apricot and citrus fruits - elegant, fresh and balanced.
- I recommend you buy two bottles - enjoy one now and let the other age for a couple of years. It will surprise you!
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- You may not have heard of the Pecorino grape before - that's because the Italians tend to hog it all to themselves!
- Luckily our Christian's a very well-connected chap. He pulled a few strings to secure a cracking deal on a parcel of pristine Pecorino grapes. And you voted in your hundreds to give him the Angel funding to make a jaw-dropper of a white.
- Imagine the pure gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio, with the fruity zing of a Sauvignon Blanc – it manages to pull off the amazing trick of being flavoursome, yet super-crisp at the same time.
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- Grüner Veltliner is Austria's signature grape, and my favourite grape variety. Thanks to the support of Angels I have the opportunity to share my passion with you.
- Angel funding helped me to buy grapes from the cool climate region Lower Austria. The vineyards around Vienna have differences in temperature between warm days and cool nights... the perfect conditions for producing complex wines like this one.
- With mouthwatering honeysuckle, ripe peach and fresh grapefruit notes, it's well-balanced, with a pleasant zing and delicate touch of pepperiness on the finish. I love it with Katsu curry!
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's weaved her magic on a premium, pure and pristine Sauvignon - and it's bloomin' gorgeous.
- Armed with your funding, Carmen was able to painstakingly pick the perfect grapes, and age them in the finest barrels in her winery – to make this spectacular Sauvignon.
- From the first slurp, lime and goosegogs smack you in the tongue. Close your eyes and you could be drinking Pouilly-Fumé or decadent Sancerre. Spot on with a big steaming bowl of creamy mussels.
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- Anyone who's tasted Connie's reds would be wrong if they thought she was simply a one trick pony.
- She is just as good with her whites, as this vibrant Sauvignon Blanc so readily shows.
- This is an expressive wine that's bursting with character and stands out amongst other, more mainstream Sauvignon Blancs. It's herbaceous, refreshing and brimming with minerailty and citrus flavours.
- We've had a bunch of requests from Angels for a still English wine... so we had a chat to Sam and the team at Bolney, and we've bagged a small parcel of her delicious Bacchus 2017.
- It's not your typical Naked tipple... it’s not Angel funded, and it’s available elsewhere. But once we'd tasted it, we thought you'd appreciate us getting some in for you to taste. You’ll have to get your skates on though, there are only a handful bottles available.
- Often referred to as 'England’s Sauvignon Blanc', Sam’s hand-picked Bacchus is a fragrant wine with aromas of ripe green apple and gooseberry, blending perfectly with vibrant, fresh fruit flavours and a hint of spice on the finish.