- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb Sauvignon.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd pleaser - and 90% of over 30,000 Angels agree.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
- You may not have heard of the Pecorino grape before - that's because the Italians tend to hog it all to themselves!
- Luckily our Christian's a very well-connected chap. He pulled a few strings to secure a cracking deal on a parcel of pristine Pecorino grapes. And you voted in your hundreds to give him the Angel funding to make a jaw-dropper of a white.
- Imagine the pure gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio, with the fruity zing of a Sauvignon Blanc – it manages to pull off the amazing trick of being flavoursome, yet super-crisp at the same time.
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's weaved her magic on a premium, pure and pristine Sauvignon - and it's bloomin' gorgeous.
- Armed with your funding, Carmen was able to painstakingly pick the perfect grapes, and age them in the finest barrels in her winery – to make this spectacular Sauvignon.
- From the first slurp, lime and goosegogs smack you in the tongue. Close your eyes and you could be drinking Pouilly-Fumé or decadent Sancerre. Spot on with a big steaming bowl of creamy mussels.
- Authenticity is very important for me - I like to make sure that my wines fully reflect the style of the area that they are from. For my Pouilly Fume I've used grapes from perfect limestone soil, which is perfect to express the freshness and elegance of Pouilly Fume.
- The grapes are fermented and matured for several months on fine lees to bring finesse and roundness, before finally bottling them at the beginning of the next summer.
- All of this means that my Pouilly Fume is refreshingly crisp, with citrus flavours and a delightful aroma of delicate white flowers that is typical to Pouilly Fume.