- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- Charles is an Englishman in France breaking the rules - so when the locals say you can't make zippy Sauvignon, he went out to prove them wrong.
- In a previous life he worked in pharmaceuticals - now he takes a scientific approach to getting the best from his grapes. While the French are still on holiday in August, Charles is busy in the fields measuring and monitoring to get the best out of his vines.
- Bright and deliciously zippy citrus fruits with bunches of crisp green apples. Grab yourself some fresh shellfish and go nuts.
- Soave is a historic wine that has been made for generations. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to show Angels that Soave made with passion can be truly spectacular.
- The grapes for my Soave are grown in volcanic soil situated 150-200 metres above sea level. The very best grapes are hand picked in the vineyards. The result is a beautiful straw colour wine, with hints of peach, pear, apricot and citrus fruits - elegant, fresh and balanced.
- I recommend you buy two bottles - enjoy one now and let the other age for a couple of years. It will surprise you!
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- You may not have heard of the Pecorino grape before - that's because the Italians tend to hog it all to themselves!
- Luckily our Christian's a very well-connected chap. He pulled a few strings to secure a cracking deal on a parcel of pristine Pecorino grapes. And you voted in your hundreds to give him the Angel funding to make a jaw-dropper of a white.
- Imagine the pure gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio, with the fruity zing of a Sauvignon Blanc – it manages to pull off the amazing trick of being flavoursome, yet super-crisp at the same time.
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- Back in 1997 I took a trip to New Zealand where I fell in love with Sauvignon Blanc. Ever since I got back I've wanted to find the perfect place to grow my own, and with the help of Naked Wines I finally found the right place near the village of Brenton on the slopes of Monte Calvarina.
- The grapes for my Sauvignon Blanc Vecchie Scuole come from a vineyard 500 metres above sea level, and are grown on rich volcanic soils. We handpick each vine at the end of August, before pressing the grapes and fermenting in stainless steel vats - all on the same day.
- The volcanic soil and altitude give my wine a distinct set of aromas. You will see that it's fresh with hints of jasmine, nettles and white pepper, with mouth wateringly rich citrus, apricot and peach flavours.
Antonio Fattori, Winemaker
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- Grüner Veltliner is Austria's signature grape, and my favourite grape variety. Thanks to the support of Angels I have the opportunity to share my passion with you.
- Angel funding helped me to buy grapes from the cool climate region Lower Austria. The vineyards around Vienna have differences in temperature between warm days and cool nights... the perfect conditions for producing complex wines like this one.
- With mouthwatering honeysuckle, ripe peach and fresh grapefruit notes, it's well-balanced, with a pleasant zing and delicate touch of pepperiness on the finish. I love it with Katsu curry!
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's weaved her magic on a premium, pure and pristine Sauvignon - and it's bloomin' gorgeous.
- Armed with your funding, Carmen was able to painstakingly pick the perfect grapes, and age them in the finest barrels in her winery – to make this spectacular Sauvignon.
- From the first slurp, lime and goosegogs smack you in the tongue. Close your eyes and you could be drinking Pouilly-Fumé or decadent Sancerre. Spot on with a big steaming bowl of creamy mussels.