- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's weaved her magic on a premium, pure and pristine Sauvignon - and it's bloomin' gorgeous.
- Armed with your funding, Carmen was able to painstakingly pick the perfect grapes, and age them in the finest barrels in her winery – to make this spectacular Sauvignon.
- From the first slurp, lime and goosegogs smack you in the tongue. Close your eyes and you could be drinking Pouilly-Fumé or decadent Sancerre. Spot on with a big steaming bowl of creamy mussels.
- The Cutler Sauvigon Blanc is made from vineyards in two parts of South Africa - Elim and Elgin. The grapes in Elim are grown at low altitude, but close to the sea where the coastal conditions cool the grapes and give a saline note that's typical of this area, whilst he Elgin vineyards are grown in the coolest climate in South Africa on shale and granite conditions which help to give the grapes a wonderful minerality. Both areas work together to show precise and focused flavours with great amounts of natural acidity.
- I have made this wine from parcels usually reserved for more expensive wines. Luckily as I know the growers well, I have managed to secure them for a keen price so that the Angels can benefit from an excellent wine at a great price.
- This wine is from a cooler climate, so you can expect more mineral, herbal and fern-like characters instead of the full on tropical fruit you might see in a New Zealand Sauvignon. As a Sauvignon it will drink beautifully in its youth and at any time of the year, by itself in the warmer months or with some autumnal and winter dishes (especially fish) when the weather is colder.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker
- Stephen de Wet describes his Chenin as rich and racy, and we'd have to agree! With crisp apple flavours and a wisp of creaminess, it's a sure fire winner.
- A multiple-award winning wine in South Africa. We're confident you won't find a Chenin of this quality for less anywhere else.
- It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that if nearly 60,000 people said they'd buy it again then there's something good going for it. Something very good