WE'RE NOT SURE
- 2016 was such an exceptional year for reds at Sainte Rose, particularly the Rhone red varieties. We thought if any year we could make a super premium red it was this year! Whenever we do an exclusive wine in exceptional years we call it an Anniversary wine.
- We left the fruit longer on the vines for greater concentration, hand picked to select only the ripest and cleanest fruit, and used the gentlest of flavour extraction techniques. With the help of the Naked Angels we were also able to buy super high end French oak barrels in which to age this wine.
- Our anniversary blend is a statuesque, powerful and deeply flavoured wine with aromas of warm plums, blackberry and dried lavender. It's got bags of depth and concentration without the heaviness.
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- OK, if you think of Aussie Shiraz at one end of the spectrum, and Rhone Syrah at the other, this is pretty much bang in the middle of both, thanks to the unique skills of winemaker Caroline Mooney.
- On the one hand it has the bravado of a top class Aussie Shiraz, on the other, the sophistication and silkiness of top quality Rhone. In other words...it's pretty damn good!
- A wine that looks amazing to drink now for the impatient amongst you. But good things come to those who wait - this Syrah has some serious aging potential 15 years down the line…if you can wait that long!
- Until now, multi-award winning winemaker Caroline has been making tiny quantities of SERIOUSLY premium stuff in the Yarra Valley.
- But thanks to the wonders of Angel funding she's been able to create this super special Syrah at a more wallet-friendly price.
- This is a must-try for Shiraz lovers - bursting with rich juicy berries, with a delicious whack of peppery spice to finish. Divine.