Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
Jorge has been working ten to the dozen rustling up this Valencian beauty - a bright and elegant blend of grapes both native and foreign to the versatile region.
With ripe red berry aromas and lavender and thyme on the nose. Powerful in taste but maintaining a fresh and easy going edge
Someone give Rioja a call, we think it needs to know about the new kid on the block!
- David knows just where to find the richest and juiciest parcels in Spain and he has uncovered this hidden beauty deep in the heart of Cariñena.
- Jam packed with delicious ripe cranberries, red cherries and raspberries, this is one of David’s favourite varieties. It’s bursting with fun and fresh fruit flavours.
- This juicy wine pairs perfectly with a succulent leg of roast lamb, or if you want to want to go off piste then a nicely spicy chicken tandoori will make this wine sing.
- Because Carlos works as consultant winemaker for several leading wineries, he has the pick of amazing grapes from all over Spain. And of course, he only picks the best which is why this cheeky little red is on our list.
- Made from 100% Garnacha (also known as Grenache), this tummy warming red has fruit by the bucket load. "Perfect for Sushi", says Carlos...who are we to argue?
- At this price you can afford to drink Morum every day. So you might as well start now!
- The almost forgotten wine region of Ribera Sacra in North-West Spain is where Carlos set his sights on for this his next, and if we may add, monumental, challenge.
It’s a hands on affair, where colossal amounts of dedication and commitment are required to overcome the challenges of growing organically here. Is it really worth all the effort we hear you ask? Hell yeah!
This is an unctuously smooth wine that had Ray, our Wine Nut, waxing lyrical about it’s silky tannins and delicious flavours of both red and blackcurrants. It’s unashamedly Old World in style and, if you can resist the temptation to drink it now, a perfect bottle to be laid down for a good few years.
- We're not allowed to tell you the name of the super-famous Spanish region this wine comes from, but if you took a guess, you'd probably be right.
- Spain's best wine regions limit how much wine each vineyard produces (this means vines are selected for quality, not quantity). When there's a bumper crop any extra grapes are declassified and sold at a snip of the price.
- Using Angel funding, Carlos managed to find a premium parcel of Tempranillo for a steal, which makes this wine the ultimate bargain.