- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- Phil Handford only makes one wine, Pinot Noir. It’s his obsession. And he makes some of the best on the planet. Hand picked from his own Central Otago vineyard, then lovingly cuddled in expensive French oak.
- Forget pricey Burgundy. When the French get their chops round this soft, elegant, seriously classy Pinot Noir from down under, they’ll be quaking in their vineyards.
- Vibrant and savoury, with fresh raspberry and cherry flavours, this is a complex, top-shelf red with subtle herbal notes, sweet spice and a lovely lick of oak.
- Olly Masters has built a rep as one of New Zealand’s finest winemakers and wine judges. He's made jaw-dropping wines for the world-famous Ata Rangi and Misha's Vineyard.
- Olly’s secret for turning the world’s trickiest grape into liquid gold. He’s a genius. He’s got more degrees than a thermometer, and has spent 30 years making world-class kit in Hawke’s Bay, Burgundy, and Martinborough.
- This is as classy a drop of Pinot as you’ll get your gums round all year. Pure elegance in a glass. With juicy berries and damson plums, dark chocolate, liquorice and spice, and a long lingering finish.