With Angel funding tucked in his back pocket, Ben has been able to cherry-pick the very best parcels from across Minervois for this all-time Naked classic.
Seriously smooth and super soft, it’s jam-packed with bags of juicy fruit flavours. You can almost taste the sunny south of France in every sip. It's hard to believe its £7.99 price tag.
Ben’s Minervois has been topping our bestseller charts for many years now, not once dipping below a 90% rating… which should tell you everything you need to know.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamt of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, but never had the money.
- That was until thousands of you crowned him your 2011 Winemaker of the Year. He used the prize money (and his expertise) to source the grapes to bring you this deep, ripe red and it's been back every year since!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink - this crowd pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- I have always loved the Macon Rouge, and I wanted to make a wine from this area in a lighter style of red that would compliment the rest of my range.
- The grapes I've used for my Gamay are hand picked from old vines growing on the slopes. I've used a technique called cold maceration to bring out the flavour of the grapes without extracting too much tannin.
- My Gamay is a modern fruit driven style, with ripe red fruits and aromas, with a certain minerality and light rounded tannins. It's a lighter fresh style of red that really lends itself to cheeses and cold meats.
- Ben has hand picked all the top-notch Grenache grapes in the region to go into this wine and boy can you taste it.
- Packed full of juicy fresh raspberries and strawberries with a dark delicious undercurrent of dark sweet spice.
- This wine is absolutely perfect for your Sunday roast pork. Crack it open and share with your nearest and dearest.
- I've been making Beaujolais for the past 22 years... so I'm thrilled to start a new chapter with Naked as your first ever Beaujolais winemaker.
- I found the very best grapes from older, established vineyards to make this wine. The yields are lower and the grapes are smaller, this helps us to obtain more intense, yet mellow wines.
- Made with 100% Gamay grapes, my Beaujolais is brimming with blackberry, pear and cherry - it is well balanced, very soft and silky smooth.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- 2016 was such an exceptional year for reds at Sainte Rose, particularly the Rhone red varieties. We thought if any year we could make a super premium red it was this year! Whenever we do an exclusive wine in exceptional years we call it an Anniversary wine.
- We left the fruit longer on the vines for greater concentration, hand picked to select only the ripest and cleanest fruit, and used the gentlest of flavour extraction techniques. With the help of the Naked Angels we were also able to buy super high end French oak barrels in which to age this wine.
- Our anniversary blend is a statuesque, powerful and deeply flavoured wine with aromas of warm plums, blackberry and dried lavender. It's got bags of depth and concentration without the heaviness.
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- Fleurie is one of the twelve crus of Beaujolais and probably one of the most sought after.
- Made with 100% Gamay grapes, it's a unique and feminine wine, famous for its wonderful soft, floral and fruity taste.
- My Fleurie is a beautifully smooth and silky red wine with soft red and black berry fruits.
- Triumphant Virgile returns from the Rhone with this cracker. Expect Virgile's signature style - smooth, juicy and dangerously easy drinking
- You bankrolled Virgile's dream ambition. He used the finest grapes from his Grandfather's vineyard and the result is mind blowing
- First seen on marketplace, this wine is in seriously limited quantities. If you love it, tell us and don't be shy so we can deliver more of these beauties to you again next harvest.