- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb Sauvignon.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd pleaser - and 90% of over 30,000 Angels agree.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress!
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- The idea for my 'Little Angel White' came about after the most amazing response from Naked Angels to help me feed over 3,000 disadvantaged school kids in Stellenbosch. I wanted to make a special wine to honour the Angels who have touched the lives of so many children.
- Armed with Angel funding I was able to get my hands on delicious, ethically produced fruit and give it the best treatment so you get the full expression of the vineyard.
- This deliciously sassy wine is a big warm, appreciative thank you, from the children and me. It's a beautiful fusion of heaps of yummy fruit including fresh limes, peaches and baked apple... I really hope you enjoy it!
Carmen Stevens, Winemaker
- Simply put, Richard is pure winemaking talent. He wanted to bring Angels something new so who were we to stop him?
- His Marsanne is packed with fruitiness galore. Think apricots, white peaches, pears, melons and you’d be spot on. There’s a slight minerally edge and touch of spice too that gives this wine a fabulously rich texture.
- Richard’s advice? Enjoy it young! Although if you’d like to see the silky, exotic texture develop in complexity, by all means lay this one down for a couple of years.
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- A wine made at low-temperature to retain the fantastic aromas of the specially-selected, hand-picked grapes.
- The colour is pale yellow with greenish hues. For taste, think white fruit and subtle floral notes with a good whack of minerality on the finish. Pow!
- With its fruity, fresh mouth feel it pairs well with steamed vegetables, or pasta topped with cheese or creamy sauce.
- Nantes is best known as the birthplace of sci-fi legend Jules Verne, but thanks to the Francois Lieubeau and his family.... now it's on the winemaking map too!
- Characterful, complex and decadently dry, it's beautiful balancing act of subtle citrus lifts and fresh pears - all finished off with the sort of moreish minerality that'll leave you longing for one last sip.
- The label is based on one of Verne’s most famous stories. It even makes food pairing simple - grab yourself a bottle, and show it some love with the freshest seafood you can find!
- We've had a bunch of requests from Angels for a still English wine... so we had a chat to Sam and the team at Bolney, and we've bagged a small parcel of her delicious Bacchus 2017.
- It's not your typical Naked tipple... it’s not Angel funded, and it’s available elsewhere. But once we'd tasted it, we thought you'd appreciate us getting some in for you to taste. You’ll have to get your skates on though, there are only a handful bottles available.
- Often referred to as 'England’s Sauvignon Blanc', Sam’s hand-picked Bacchus is a fragrant wine with aromas of ripe green apple and gooseberry, blending perfectly with vibrant, fresh fruit flavours and a hint of spice on the finish.