- We've had a bunch of requests from Angels for a still English wine... so we had a chat to Sam and the team at Bolney, and we've bagged a small parcel of her delicious Bacchus 2017.
- It's not your typical Naked tipple... it’s not Angel funded, and it’s available elsewhere. But once we'd tasted it, we thought you'd appreciate us getting some in for you to taste. You’ll have to get your skates on though, there are only a handful bottles available.
- Often referred to as 'England’s Sauvignon Blanc', Sam’s hand-picked Bacchus is a fragrant wine with aromas of ripe green apple and gooseberry, blending perfectly with vibrant, fresh fruit flavours and a hint of spice on the finish.
- Casablanca’s long, hot days and chilly nights make it the perfect place for producing heavenly Sauvignon like this.
- If you like a more restrained Sauvignon, like Sancerre, rather than the exotic fruit of a Marlborough Sauvignon – this delectable drop is for you.
- Officially one of the best Sauvignon Blancs in Chile, scooping 90 points in the Annual Wines of Chile Awards and recently being awarded a whopping 91 points by Robert Parker!
- Rick Boyer has over 30 years of winemaking experience on Cali's Central Coast. It's safe to say that he knows where to find the best vines. Angel funding meant he was able to swoop in and buy premium grapes in the oldest vineyard in Santa Barbara.
- This delicious bright blend is packed with vibrant fruit flavours like sweet white peach, crunchy apple, ripe pear and zingy citrus. Starts off crisp and finishes oh-so soft and creamy.
- Crack this crisp white open with a creamy pasta dish or fresh-out-of-the-oven garlic bread and you've found yourself a perfect pairing.
- Gruner Veltliner is the most grown grape variety in our region and also the main grape variety in our winery.
- Naked Wines was searching for wine from our region, we were thrilled when the Archangels picked our wine. So now they made it possible, that the peppery taste of the Weinviertel will be available for all Angels.
- The ripe grapes are smoothly pressed and cool fermented. Further ageing is done in stainless steel tanks. This preserves the fruitiness of the wine. It is fresh and fruity with typical flavours of Gruner Veltliner, hints of apples and citrus and smooth spiciness.
Monika & Karl - Winemakers
- The white wines of this area are greatly underrated. So when your continued support enabled me to purchase a couple of vineyards of Grenache Gris (which is pretty rare) and Grenache Blanc in my village of Tuchan... I jumped straight in!
- The vines are over 80 years old and I had had my eye on them for a while. Most white vineyards have been ripped up down here as it is predominantly a red wine producing area so I was pretty lucky to get in there before the digger did!
- The result is a wine that is elegantly fruity but not overpowering - it is subtle and sophisticated with a great freshness and should be drunk just below room temperature to allow the full flavours to develop. I hope you enjoy it!