WE'RE NOT SURE
- Years ago, Angels asked us to find some wines from Hungary and we were proud as punch to come across Cecilia who blew us away with her ability to combine tradition and innovation in her wines, and the Tokaji is no different…
- Full bodied and complex, with sumptuous aromas of peach and figs and subtle wooden notes thanks to 18 months spent in some big ol’ barrels, there are two words that spring to mind with this one; ‘utterly delicious’!
- Tokaji (pronounced tok-ay) is a closed wine region meaning the whole process must be done in that area, so snap up this gem from one of Europe’s lesser known wine regions and savour something seriously special.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- I have always felt a specific interest in late harvest wines. Although, it is a relatively new style in Tokaj it delivers great character and elegance. I am very proud of this wine as I have received a lot of positive feedback and accolades for other wines in this style over the years.
- The 3 main local varietals (Furmint, Hárslevelu and Sárgamuskotály) reinforce each other in their fruitiness and I love how the tiny touch of exotic spiciness enhances the aroma.
- The great thing about late harvest grapes is that you get a huge amount of fresh fruity characters alongside a more concentrated, powerful flavour. This is because we pick the whole bunch that has from completely fresh fruit, through to the concentrated flavoursome more ripened grapes.