- Very little Pinot Gris is grown in Ben's area of the Languedoc so when he saw the opportunity to grab a parcel of fruit he jumped on it and was able to secure it all thanks to Angel funding!
- Every year since then he has produced a mouth-wateringly delicious Pinot Gris' and this years vintage is no different.
- It's full of refreshing lime, lemon, pear, white nectarine and apple fruits, with a floral honeysuckle aroma. A twinkle of freshness makes it the perfect quaffer to enjoy in the garden on spring afternoons.
- Carmen is one of the rare winemakers who knows exactly how to coax the best out of South Africa's tricky Chenin Blanc.
- This has purity written all over it. Crisp clean, apple and white peach fruit flavours running alongside a lovely creamy, soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- The perfect partner for a lovely fresh piece of cod, or a plateful of creamy mussels.
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce...4000 votes later we had a winner...
There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours as well as a delightful minerality and a rich creaminess that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
- We tasted 60 Pinot Grigios in a blind tasting, and this little beauty came out on top. So we bought it. Lots of it. Which also means it's ultra affordable for you.
- Taste this crisp and refreshing drop alongside a bland, mass-produced Italian Pinot Grigio and it seems like a different grape entirely. Fantastic with food, but utterly gorgeous all on its lonesome.
- Alessandro makes his Pinot Grigio at a big winery (by Naked standards)... but it's lavished with his personal love and attention from start-to-finish - and it's exclusive to Angels.
- Jorge knows Galicia like the back of his hands. He knows which Albarino grapes get the right amount of sun to make them vibrant and which get enough sea breeze to keep them fresh. And then he grabs them for Angels.
- You can taste his passion for the region. Chock full of bright and zesty lemons and limes with a dash of fresh apricot, this wine is as cool and refreshing as an Atlantic sea breeze.
- It's the perfect accompaniment for any seafood dish, but if you want to turn up the heat, it goes really well with super spicy food.
- Thanks to your votes in the Winemaker of the Year competition, I was able to make this exciting new wine especially for Angels...
- One of my favourite grapes, Terret Bourret, combined with just a touch of Picpoul creates an exceptional, light, fresh wine, a wine with elegance and length. Thanks to your support and funding, Angels and Archangels, this wine can come back to life.
- And, as you probably all now know, every bottle that you enable me to produce, every bottle that you buy, every bottle that you drink, every bottle shared between friends or with your posts on Naked Wines, is another brick in the wall of my new winery!
- Nantes is best known as the birthplace of sci-fi legend Jules Verne, but thanks to Francois Lieubeau and his family.... now it's on the winemaking map too!
- Characterful, complex and decadently dry, it's beautiful balancing act of subtle citrus lifts and fresh pears - all finished off with the sort of moreish minerality that'll leave you longing for one last sip.
- The label is based on one of Verne’s most famous stories. It even makes food pairing simple - grab yourself a bottle, and show it some love with the freshest seafood you can find!