Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
- Carmen is one of the rare winemakers who knows exactly how to coax the best out of South Africa's tricky Chenin Blanc.
- This has purity written all over it. Crisp clean, apple and white peach fruit flavours running alongside a lovely creamy, soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- The perfect partner for a lovely fresh piece of cod, or a plateful of creamy mussels.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
Following the success of my Terra Calda and Terra Forte, I wanted to make Angels a crisp and elegant white from 4 of my favourite native grapes in Puglia.
Angel funding has given me the confidence to make a wine I am truly proud of, from one of my favourite regions in the world. This wine is fruity, floral and fab!
Orange blossom on the nose with a peaches and cream palate, the floral fruitiness makes it a perfect match for Linguine alle Vongole. Bellissimo! I hope you love it as much as I do.
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
- We tasted 60 Pinot Grigios in a blind tasting, and this little beauty came out on top. So we bought it. Lots of it. Which also means it's ultra affordable for you.
- Taste this crisp and refreshing drop alongside a bland, mass-produced Italian Pinot Grigio and it seems like a different grape entirely. Fantastic with food, but utterly gorgeous all on its lonesome.
- Alessandro makes his Pinot Grigio at a big winery (by Naked standards)... but it's lavished with his personal love and attention from start-to-finish - and it's exclusive to Angels.
- Jorge knows Galicia like the back of his hands. He knows which Albarino grapes get the right amount of sun to make them vibrant and which get enough sea breeze to keep them fresh. And then he grabs them for Angels.
- You can taste his passion for the region. Chock full of bright and zesty lemons and limes with a dash of fresh apricot, this wine is as cool and refreshing as an Atlantic sea breeze.
- It's the perfect accompaniment for any seafood dish, but if you want to turn up the heat, it goes really well with super spicy food.
- To keep hold of the fantastic array of aromas from the specially-selected, hand-picked grapes, this wine was made at low-temperatures and boy oh boy are we glad it was.
- The colour is pale yellow with greenish hues. For taste, think white fruit and subtle floral notes with a good whack of minerality on the finish. Pow!
- With its fruity, fresh mouth feel it pairs well with steamed vegetables, or pasta topped with cheesy or creamy sauce.
- I have some 45 year old bush vine Chenin Blanc that produces top quality grapes. I always wondered what this wine would taste like if I was to bottle it separately, Naked Angel funding gave me the opportunity to finally do it.
- The Raats Bush vine Chenin Blanc Limited 2014 was the maiden release of this very special and limited production, only 3000 bottles were made.
- This wine epitomises the understated elegance of Chenin Blanc - with lashings of rich oak. Its restrained, yet complex, with quince, ripe pear, orange blossoms, nettles and spice. The wine's beauty lies in its lightness of touch and in the elegant way its oaky complexity is revealed.
- Thanks to your votes in the Winemaker of the Year competition, I was able to make this exciting new wine especially for Angels...
- One of my favourite grapes, Terret Bourret, combined with just a touch of Picpoul creates an exceptional, light, fresh wine, a wine with elegance and length. Thanks to your support and funding, Angels and Archangels, this wine can come back to life.
- And, as you probably all now know, every bottle that you enable me to produce, every bottle that you buy, every bottle that you drink, every bottle shared between friends or with your posts on Naked Wines, is another brick in the wall of my new winery!