- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
Following the success of my Terra Calda and Terra Forte, I wanted to make Angels a crisp and elegant white from 4 of my favourite native grapes in Puglia.
Angel funding has given me the confidence to make a wine I am truly proud of, from one of my favourite regions in the world. This wine is fruity, floral and fab!
Orange blossom on the nose with a peaches and cream palate, the floral fruitiness makes it a perfect match for Linguine alle Vongole. Bellissimo! I hope you love it as much as I do.
- We tasted 60 Pinot Grigios in a blind tasting, and this little beauty came out on top. So we bought it. Lots of it. Which also means it's ultra affordable for you.
- Taste this crisp and refreshing drop alongside a bland, mass-produced Italian Pinot Grigio and it seems like a different grape entirely. Fantastic with food, but utterly gorgeous all on its lonesome.
- Alessandro makes his Pinot Grigio at a big winery (by Naked standards)... but it's lavished with his personal love and attention from start-to-finish - and it's exclusive to Angels.
- I have some 45 year old bush vine Chenin Blanc that produces top quality grapes. I always wondered what this wine would taste like if I was to bottle it separately, Naked Angel funding gave me the opportunity to finally do it.
- The Raats Bush vine Chenin Blanc Limited 2014 was the maiden release of this very special and limited production, only 3000 bottles were made.
- This wine epitomises the understated elegance of Chenin Blanc - with lashings of rich oak. Its restrained, yet complex, with quince, ripe pear, orange blossoms, nettles and spice. The wine's beauty lies in its lightness of touch and in the elegant way its oaky complexity is revealed.
- Thanks to your votes in the Winemaker of the Year competition, I was able to make this exciting new wine especially for Angels...
- One of my favourite grapes, Terret Bourret, combined with just a touch of Picpoul creates an exceptional, light, fresh wine, a wine with elegance and length. Thanks to your support and funding, Angels and Archangels, this wine can come back to life.
- And, as you probably all now know, every bottle that you enable me to produce, every bottle that you buy, every bottle that you drink, every bottle shared between friends or with your posts on Naked Wines, is another brick in the wall of my new winery!
- Nantes is best known as the birthplace of sci-fi legend Jules Verne, but thanks to Francois Lieubeau and his family.... now it's on the winemaking map too!
- Characterful, complex and decadently dry, it's a beautiful balancing act of subtle citrus lifts and fresh pears - all finished off with the sort of moreish minerality that'll leave you longing for one last sip.
- The label is based on one of Verne’s most famous stories. It even makes food pairing simple - grab yourself a bottle, and show it some love with the freshest seafood you can find!
- Pinot Gris grows very well in Waipara. The cool and dry weather means the fruit to ripen super slowly to develop beautiful body and ripeness. I've been working with Pinot Gris for over a decade and there are more nuances to the variety than you'd think!
- Thanks to Angel support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked.
- Fresh white pear and nectarine combine with preserved fig and baked quince on the nose and through the palate with a hint of cinnamon. Rich yet restrained and dry on the finish, a white wine with many layers suitable for pondering or drinking!
- As a Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay fanatic I thought these should be the leading components of the Angels Selection. After many days of blending and looking at possible partners for the Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay I stumbled upon this lovely third C called Colombard, the wine just lifted the already fruity nose into a new dimension.
- Naked helped me fund this amazing and exciting project. If not the case, these wines would have possibly been sold in bulk and this bottle of pleasure would never have been able to reach you. Well done Naked for having a nose to smell out the best.
- The Chardonnay gives this wine depth, a creamy mouthfeel and some exciting minerality, the pineapple and lovely tropical fruit come from the Chenin Blanc and the third C, Colombard just lifts the nose with citrus and a spicy edge on the finish. . . YUMMY!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Muscadet, a famous appellation in the Loire Valley, has the perfect climate for producing light, fresh and fruity wines and don’t Francois and his family know it!
They used every trick in the book to make sure their fruit kept all it’s lusciousness resulting in a wine with delicate aromas of white flowers, citrus and grapefruit and mouth-watering flavours of peaches and citrus.
The Lieubeau’s have been growers and winemakers for six generations and they pride themselves on producing local, natural, handcrafted wines. If you like your Picpoul de Pinet, Albarino or Grüner Veltliner then give this one a whirl.
- Through all the valuable feedback I get online every day from the Angels, I've been asked many times for a typical Portuguese white.
- I finally decided I couldn't wait any longer! Naked Wines supported me from the start by helping me to raise the funds to get the best grapes possible to produce this delicious blend.
- My Branco Reserva has a delicious intense aroma. It’s beautifully well rounded yet fresh and pairs well with roasted salmon or other oily fish. I hope you enjoy it!