Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- What’s fresher than a spray of ocean air, and zestier than a lemon convention? If you answered Pinot Grigio, you’d be absolutely right. And, if you didn't, maybe it's time you gave it a try.
- Our Italian bubble genius, Paolo, has set his sights on this Italian stalwart... and boy, has he made it worth your while! This crisp beauty will zip across your taste buds with a slice of apple and a touch of white peach.
- At a slender 12% it can be enjoyed on its lonesome or as a companion for steaming hot pasta with a rich creamy sauce.
- Pinot Grigio is probably the most popular wine variety in the world right now. The region around Verona, where I grow my Pinot Grigio, has the best soil and micro climate for this kind of grape and wine - so I just had to make one for Angels!
- Naked Wines has changed my life, because they have given me the chance to do what I like. After the success of my first white last year, I asked Naked Wines if I could make a Pinot Grigio. The answer was 'yes, you can'... Just as easy as that!
- My Pinot Grigio is like a creamy fruit salad that has the freshness of a crisp white, but still has a nice structure and length. This contrast makes it very enjoyable for many different palates and for red and white lovers.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Pinot Gris has been grown in the Pfalz region for some time. I love Pinot Gris as a wine… it is literally a Pinot Noir with no colour. It can be just as complex, and the finest examples are quite challenging to make.
- I wanted to make a fresher style of Pinot Gris which still has richness, texture and a sense of place. To do this I selected 3 vineyard sites (hence the *3*) for the project. The different vineyards all contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- The outcome is something pretty special. Succulent ripe fruity flavours of apple, melon and pear with a rich textural quality and a fresh crisp finish.
- Peter is the 14th generation of Kleins working as a winemaker so he really know his stuff.
- His fantastically fresh Pinot Gris is packed full of ripe pear and honeydew melon fruit with a spritz of zippy lemon on the finish. Rich, textured and powerful - it's classic Pinot Gris and it's absolutely delicious.
- This lively, dry white is an excellent pairing for grilled salmon or an earthy mushroom risotto.
- We tasted 60 Pinot Grigios in a blind tasting, and this little beauty came out on top. So we bought it. Lots of it. Which also means it's ultra affordable for you.
- Taste this crisp and refreshing drop alongside a bland, mass-produced Italian Pinot Grigio and it seems like a different grape entirely. Fantastic with food, but utterly gorgeous all on its lonesome.
- Alessandro makes his Pinot Grigio at a big winery (by Naked standards)... but it's lavished with his personal love and attention from start-to-finish - and it's exclusive to Angels.